Chapter Twenty Two

faree003  I love you😘
This chapter is for you. Thank you for the vote of confidence everytime I feel like giving up❤

_________________________________________

Rufaidah came back from Islamiyyah one Saturday afternoon visibly shaken and reeling from what their teacher told them in class. He spoke extensively about death and the torment of grave and eventually hell fire(Jahannam). She wonder why people are so forgetful and negligent, why we live as if we will never die, as if we don't have an inkling on what is to happen if we disobey Allah and die when He is displeased with us. Everything that is commanded to be done in Islam is for our own good, it makes us better, refined and civilized human beings. Anything that is prohibited is for our own good too, because not doing that thing no matter how tempting is better than doing it but we are heedless, we are arrogant, we try to mislead each other by making the laws flexible to our needs and what we think is right.

She knows that she is in no position to judge anyone herself because months back, she doesn't even pray, neither cover her beauty from non mahrams but she now know better and she made a vow to always strive hard to be better, to always follow the dictate of Islam, not her heart desires and definitely not what is trending in the society.

Deep in thoughts, she almost bump into the wall without noticing her surroundings,she is in a haste to go to her room, cry out her regrets of the years she wasted being angry at the world, taking no heed to Reedah's advice and the fear that had she died when Reedah does, she is definitely going to hell and nothing can save her, she has no excuse to give Allah because He test His servants with different calamities in whatever form He deems fit and ignorance is never an excuse even to those who weren't born Muslims but she was blessed to be born into Islam and had misused her chances of getting the best out of this world and the world beyond.

"Rufaidah what happened to you? Why are you looking so sad?" mommy cut her train of thoughts as she went into the kitchen to pick some fruits before going to her room.

"Uh uh nothing Ma. Good afternoon. What are you doing here?" She asked instead, evading her mother's question.

"Can't a woman go into her kitchen without being asked as to what she is doing?" She teased raising  a brow in question.

"Yeah, right. I forgot that the mistress of the house still knows how to cook" she jibed back raising her hands in surrender.

To Rufaidah's surprise, mommy followed her to her room with an inquisitive look and that of concern. Sighing in defeat, Rufaidah narrated everything that she heard in school to her mother amid hot blazing tears.

"Shhh come here dear, come here" Mommy engulfed her in a tight motherly embrace gently patting her back urging her to stop crying.

"No one is going to hell in shaa Allah, especially not you dear. I have been observing you for days and I know that you're a righteous being. You told me yourself that Allah is The Most Forgiving Most Merciful so why do you think you're an exception to His general rule?"

Rufaidah shook her head 'No'

"It is good to remind ourselves of Allah's wrath and the torment of hell fire in other to keep our imaan in check but it is equally important to remind ourselves of His Mercy and the Bounties of Jannah for the same reasons" She concluded, feeling a distinct heaviness in her chest,feeling like a hypocrite for not being a good muslimah herself. There and then she made a resolve to be better, she even considered joining the same school Rufaidah is going to because she is lacking in so many things and time has changed for her to be arrogant in seeking knowledge. But  most times, getting better is easier said than done.