Chapter Thirteen

It has been long&I am truly sorry. I hope you enjoy the short compensation for going AWOL on y'all.

fatimajikamshi. Thanks for  reminding me that I have readers that look forward to an update notification of my book. I hope you enjoy reading this.

🌷🌷🌷🌷

People always talk about falling in love like it's the best indescribable feeling on earth. Rufaidah had never been in love or felt the need to be in love but she's sure that setting foot in the holy land made her feel that indescribable feeling and nothing on earth will match that. If she had the will, she will freeze the moment in time and just stay with her foot touching the ground of the most blessed city on earth and relish the happiness and peace zinging through her body for the rest of her life.

"Did you feel it?" She asked Yaya Shams still amazed by what she is feeling at the moment.

"Yes I do. Everyone feels the same no matter how many times you come here. It never gets old. Alhamdulillah for the gift of Islam. We are indeed truly blessed" He replied with a small smile looking at her.

"Can we just stay here and never go back? Let's find a job as cleaners of the holy mosque or whatever just in case we run out of cash" she rambled making Shams laugh out loud at her excitement. Looking at the happiness radiating her face, he wished he had brought her earlier and he can't trade this moment for anything. Seeing her genuinely happy and excited makes his heart happy.

"Just wait until you see the mosque. Maybe you'll faint. But please don't okay? My heart is too weak to get another attack." He winked and motion for her to follow him to the waiting taxi that'll take them to the hotel they booked.

🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷

Rufaidah was dumbstruck when her eyes came in contact with the holy mosque and when she saw the ka'abah, she cried. Yaya Shams didn't bother to console her knowing that she is shedding tears of joy and it is allowed especially after what she went through. They offered some nawafils before proceeding deeper into the mosque for a tour.

During their three weeks stay in the holy land, Rufaidah did nothing but pray fervently to Allah for everything. She prayed for forgiveness, for a clean slate to start a new life, for her dearest Musayyib and Reedah, for her parent's redemption, for mental and physical well being, for the strength to overcome every calamity that comes her way. For blessings upon Uncle Jibran's family, Reedah's family and all those who genuinely love her. She prayed for a retentive memory, for khair and Allah's will in everything that she do and for jannatul Firdaus to be where she and her loved ones will reunite in hereafter. Every time she went in sujood, she will spend longer minutes baring her problems to Al-Jabbar, Al-Rahman, Al-Gafur, Al-Raheem after which she will raise with a drenched face.

They had minimum fun because she see no reason for that. The old her would have been more than eager to spend money but the new her wants as much time as she can get to reconnect with her Rabb, her Deen and the serenity that comes with it. They speak everyday with her cousins and they've told her what they wanted as a gift from Makkah and that's what she's currently doing with Yaya Shams trailing behind her.

"What do you suggest I get Yaya Al'amin and the others?" She asked over her shoulders looking at a very expensive designer perfume.

"I think perfumes will do but the way to Al'amin's  heart is books. I suggest we go to Darulsalam publishers and get him some recent Islamic books. He will love you till he breathe his last" Rufaidah rolled her eyes at her brother wondering how a simple yes or no question led him to rambling about Yaya Al'amin loving her forever. Not reading too much into what he just said, she picked the perfumes for each and everyone of them including Baba and Daddy before walking to another aisle in search for what she has on her to buy list.