Chapter 7:The Sleepover

Jonah POV:

Saturday morning is going as most would normally go. I wake up and get ready for upcoming day that seems to be approaching faster than I have time for. I of course message Andi, or should I say respond to Andi.

I would normally ask her to play some ultimate or to have some baby taters at The Spoon for the entire day, but today I have other plans. Cyrus asked me over for a sleepover at his place. It might sound weird but I am extremely happy for this. I might have a lot of friends but no one ever invites me to things like sleepovers. Girls always want to invite me, but can't and the guys just invite other people. It's really awesome to know that I have a friend like Cyrus.

Although I do have the sleepover with Cyrus, I need to spend a little but of time with Andi, not as much as normal though. Andi and I decide that we should meet at the spoon and hang out for a little bit before I head to Cyrus'. I really do like Andi, but sometimes I just don't want to go on a "date" with her. I don't really have a choice sadly if I want her to keep dating me.

I walk into The Spoon to see Andi is already at a booth. I honestly wonder if she waiting there before she even texted me. As soon as I entered she waves for me to go and sit across from her, which I did of course.

"Hey Andi!!", I say trying to put on my normal smile.

It's not that I don't want to be with her a lot. I just don't like all the things that I have to do to be her boyfriend. Being there for her and spending sometime with her should be enough. She insists I do more though.

"Hey jonah! It feels like it's been forever since I saw you last."

"It's literally been less than 24 hours since we talked in person Andi!!!!", I think to myself.

"It really does, hehe. Have you ordered?", I ask Andi.

"Who do you think I am? Of course I did. Have you talked to Amber at all?"

Andi is always like this. She's always questioning me about my ex-girlfriend. I don't even like calling her my ex-girlfriend. She forced me to call her "girlfriend". I haven't talked to Amber in weeks, but Andi is still jealous and nervous of Amber and I.

"Nope, not at all. Why do you always ask me about her?", I say to Andi to get her to admit her feelings towards the past situation.

"No reason. I am just curious.", Andi says as she bites her lip.

Our conversation continues on with Andi asking more and more questions about Amber. I am supposed to leave The Spoon at 4 to arrive at Cyrus' on time, but who cares. I decide to leave Andi to her jealous self at 3 instead of 4 and immediately head to Cyrus' house, not caring if they don't want me there early.

Cyrus POV:

I just finished setting everything up throughout the house for the sleepover to flow well when I hear a knock at the door. My mom and step-father are currently out, so I think that one of them forgot their key and needs in. I open the front door and see Jonah, around 1 hour early.

I let him in, but am slightly confused as to why he is here so early. He seems to have been running or doing some sort of exercise as he is panting. I am really shocked that he agreed to come over, let alone show up an hour early so I am happy no matter what.

Cyrus and Jonah:

"Hey jonah!! You seem to be a little bit early.", Cyrus says to him trying to joke around about the time.

"Yeah I know. I'm sorry if it's not okay for me to arrive early. I can come back if I need to.", Jonah says, starting to worry.

"It's fine JB. I was just messing with you. So, what do you want to do first?", Cryus says, trying to make sure he understands that it's okay that he arrived early.

"I don't know. Want to watch some movies?"

"That's fine with me JB.", Cyrus says, screaming inside that he is actually hanging out with Jonah Beck. "Do you want to pick or would you like me to pick?"

"Hmmm. Can I pick? Also, do you have any of the Star Wars movies?", Jonah asks Cyrus.

"Of course we have Star Wars. I didn't take you as a Star Wars type of guy though."

"It's actually one of my guilty pleasures.", Jonah says as he puts the DVD inside the machine.

Narrator POV:

Jonah and Cyrus continue to watch Star Wars movies, only pausing to get snacks or use the bathroom. Cyrus us shocked that Jonah and him could have such a "nerdy" shared interest. Maybe there is more to Jonah Beck than what meets the eye?

They finish the movie and start to talk about other things. They talked about Ultimate Frisbee, dogs, and their friends. Specifically Andi and Iris, the twist girlfriends or used to be girlfriend in iris' case. This ended up with Cyrus' confession that Iris and him broke up just because "he wasn't feeling it" and about how Jonah feels overwhelmed by Andi.

After all the chatting and watching of movies the two boys start to get tired. Cyrus never stays up late, so he was extremely tired at that point. He would never admit that though because he was having such a good time with Jonah Beck. Jonah mentioned he was tired so they headed up to Cyrus' room to sleep.

Cyrus and Jonah:

"And here is where we will be sleeping, my room.", Cyrus says, sounding proud to show off his well kept room.

"Wow Cy-Guy, your room is really nice. My room is always messy when I have people over. You will see that when I have you over sometime.", Jknah said while looking around.

"Did Jonah Beck just invite me over to his house? Could tonight get any better?", Cyrus thought to himself, trying to keep his excitement within.

"Hey, where will I be sleeping?", Jonah asks Cyrus.

"Oh.", Cyrus whispers to himself as he pulls an air mattress from the closet. "This is where I will be sleeping. You can have the bed."

"Oh thank god. I thought for a second you wanted to share the bed. That would've been extremely gay.", Jonah says with a smile on his face, with a slight chuckle.

Cyrus stands there looking at Jonah, devastated. "What do you mean by that?"

I would first like to say thank you to all of you who have read this book so far. In the span of like 2 days the reads have doubled and the ranks on this book have sky rocketed. I'm sorry this took a little bit to get out. I was in Chicago for most of the week at a concert. If you have any feedback please leave it in the comments. See yall next chapter.