22

"harpreet was it?" zach interrupted her morning book session in the library. she looked up. "i-umm maybe. depends who's asking." harpreet stuttered. zach had a little sympathy for the small girl and quickly shut his mouth not wanting to upset her. "i'm zach." he greeted siting next to her. she stared him up and down before speaking, "hi zach." she smiled a little. great he was getting somewhere.

"whatcha reading?" he asked her. "A novel, about a king and queen." harpreet answered. zach nodded understandingly. "my doctor says it should get my mind off other things, and so i could get into a headspace of actual reality. which is bizarre to me." she huffed sadly. "why is it bizarre?" zach questioned her.

"i have schizophrenia." harpreet told her. zach really didn't know what that was, so he played it off as if he did. "oh umm im sorry?" harpreet shrugged. "i have to go. im late for my therapy session. bye zach." she waved off before getting her things and leaving. "wow." he muttered.

as he walked out of the library, trinity was talking to nurse alex about something he couldn't understand. "hey nurse alex?" he asked. "zach, what did we discuss about interrupting others conversations?" nurse alex scolded. "sorry. but is schizophrenia?" he asked. "were you talking to harpreet?" trinity questioned. "yeah, how'd you know?"

"when she started talking to walls. i figured that schizophrenia is what she had." trinity shrugged. "schizophrenia is mental disorder in which people interpret reality abnormally. some results are some combination of hallucinations, delusions, and extremely disordered thinking and behavior ." nurse alex answered. "thank you!" zach rushed too find harpreet.

meanwhile trinity was talking to nurse alex about jack, and about her progress. "im almost there. give me time."nurse alex told her. "alex!" she said a little loud, "nurse alex, i dont have time." trinity told her. "why?"

"me and jack had a serious conversation about my behavior because i snapped on a guard for looking at us. im just worried im not gonna make it before i end up doing something stupid." she explained. alex nodded understandingly. "we'll take tomorrow. get to your lunch." trinity nodded before leaving.