2a(2)

Anyone who has any ideas for the direction of this story, please send me a private message, I'm still trying to work out who the main antagonist (besides you) is going to be- because I need something that will bring you and Korra closer in future chapters. Again, thank you all, and enjoy.

The prep room was filled with fighters, using punching bags in the corner, slapping themselves in the face to get the adrenaline pumping, yelling at themselves in order to rile themselves up before their next fight; all except one young man in the corner, which no one would bother.

The young man's mismatched gaze calmly shifted around the room, all the while retying his water tribe bandages around his hands for, at least, the hundredth time that hour.

No one dared to challenge (your name) for looking around like they usually would with other opponents. They knew the less time you spent with the Legendary Sea Horse, the less likely you would get smashed by him during the matches. Or so they thought.

They all could hear the speakers booming the commentary as the announcer yelled out the results, followed by the vibration that could be felt through the walls of the prep room as the audience above them cheered, screamed in astonishment/excitement, and slurred swearing as drunken spectators lost money on their bets.

Two guards walked in while supporting a limping, bloodied Earth bender. A newbie from what (your name) recalled, and knew for a fact that there was no way the guy would participate again.

The other competitor came in, not too long after with a wry triumphant grin plastered on his face. His fist bloodied and perspiration all over him, but he still walked into the room as though he were a God.

"Woah! Another one down the drain!"

(Your name) rolled his eyes. "The guys a newbie Heng, they're usually the easiest to take down."

Heng glowered, eyes narrowing on (your name)'s calm posture slouched on the bench in the corner. "I highly doubt you woulda' been able to take him down... you snow savage."

Everyone in the room stilled, that insult hadn't been used by a fire bender (which Heng was) against a water bender since the happenings of the Hundred year war. All the nations held their heritage with great pride, and for someone to throw an insult with such little regard was unheard of. Heng had been apart of Chow Min Corporation for only six or seven months, compared to (Your name) who had been apart of the Corporation for only a couple, and who had gotten the chance to fight almost everyone except Heng, The Wild Fire. As much as (your name) despised the arrogant blockhead, he still would never go down to such a level as to insult someone else's heritage. Before (Your name) could reply, the speakers boomed, announcing (your name)'s competitor, The Earthquake, into the fighting ring. As the Earthquake quickly stood up and practically ran out of the now tense room, (your name) stood up, seemingly unflustered. Yet, his eyes seemed to glow with a quiet anger. As he strode past Heng towards the entrance of the fighting ring, Heng smiled.