Ko glared at (Your name), crossing his arms. "Then take me with ya! I know this desert betta' then anyone!"

"But... I'll be doing some dangerous wor-"

"Like wha'? That won't phase me!"

"Well... I- you know what? Just fuck off!"

Ko stopped talking and stared at him. So (Your name) kept going.

"I don't need anyone, I'm a loner... a... I'm a lone ranger, yeah that's it!" (your name) crossed his arms over his chest, tilting his chin up in a action of defiance. "Besides, I'm only looking for work."

Ko said nothing for a long while, and (Your name) took that as a sign of acceptance. He felt regretful, if not a little betrayed that Ko hadn't pushed harder, which was silly really because (Your name) did not want him to, as it could get both of them in trouble after all. With a sigh, (Your name) turned away, only to suddenly feel a force hit him on the back of his head, and his mind was plunged into darkness.

...

He heard it, a faint singing, singing that wasn't all that bad. He was curious, extremely curious, and he forced himself to open his eye's only to shut them again when the light glared into his iris's. With a soft groan he tried to move, only to realize that he couldn't, the ropes tightly wrapped around him in a skillful knot. (Your name) muttered a curse under his breath, and suddenly the singing stopped, and he heard a breathy laugh.

"Wakey wakey eggs n' bakey, don't forget don't burn ya snakey!"

"What are you going on about Ko?" (Your name) muttered with a sigh, finally opening his eye's and taking in his surroundings. "And great, you tied me to the sand-craft mast. You were never going to let me leave you, were you?"

Ko shrugged, sweeping his hair out of his eye's. "Not really, naw mate."

(Your name) rolled his eyes at the brutally honest reply, glancing around. He was suddenly aware that the craft was moving, with the help of Ko's sand bending. It was going at a decent speed, but not the fastest that I've ever seen.

"Oh, and I explained the situation to the Chief and Kanto. Old man Kanto wanted me to give you that actually. Don't know where he got it, but I'm pretty sure that its the top notch gold, as well as emerald on it."

(Your name) glanced down to where Ko was pointing, and pinned to his shirt was a broach, one which had a gold border, and emerald background, and a gold flying boar in the center of it. (Your name) was surprised to say the least, as he had never gotten something so... pretty.

And he said just that, causing Ko to laugh. "Neither have I. I never thought Kanto was one to keep 'pretty' things, but its nice none the less."

(Your name) couldn't help but agree. "Yeah... now I don't mean to be rude, but could you please- HOLY SPIRIT SHIT!!!"

Ko quickly glanced around and let out his own shriek as he noticed the the giant shark zooming towards them at a rapid pace. "Hold on!" He exclaimed as he started to sand bend at full speed.

"Wha-" It wasn't hard for (Your name) to hold on, after all, he was tied to the pole. He gritted his teeth as he watched the shark coming towards them, coming further and further out of the sand. "GO FASTER KO!"

"I'M TRYING!" and indeed he was, moving his arms in faster motions, eye's fully concentrating. He slowed down his bending, much to (Your name)'s dismay.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" (Your name) yelled, suddenly fearing for his life. So this was how it was. He was going to die with his first ever friend as they get gobbled up by a sand shark. "I -"

"SHUT UP!!!" Ko exclaimed, and just as the shark was just about to come upon them, Ko vividly moved his hands, causing several sand spikes to to impale the shark from the side. The Shark let out a pained roar as it quickly dived back into the sand, and Ko grinned slightly, and started up the sand raft with another surge of speed. "Yeah boy! Woo whooo!"

(Your name) was gaping in shock, his pallor as pale as a sheet. He turned towards Ko and watched him with wide eye's. "Is that a normal tactic?"

"Naw mate, the usual tactic is to try and ride away. But I'm more of a head on sort of person-" Ko groaned as he felt a slight rumble underneath the craft. "Okay, so Mr Sharky is angry... and he's underneath us."

Just as the words left his mouth, a force threw them into the air, craft and all, and (Your name) suddenly noticed that Ko had some rope tied around his waist and to the exact same pole that (Your name) himself was tied to, watching as gravity took over and Ko and the entire ship started to fall, the young man waving his arms in some trained motion.

As they fell towards the sharks opened mouth, Ko suddenly sand bended enough of the sedimentation from the ground that it formed some sort of barrier in the sharks mouth, preventing them from falling in. Ko was still bending as he fell face first onto the deck, his bending falling for only half a second (if that) before strongly reforming in full force. The shark tried to close its jaw but to no avail, and started to sink into the sand. It reared its gigantic head, trying to shake off the sand bender- but Ko merely planted his feet firmly to the deck with the use of sand, which slithered over the sides of the ship and towards his feet.

Ko then shocked (Your name) when what he could only assume were spikes of sand penetrating the sharks mouth. At least if the creatures screams were anything to go by. It shook its head even more so, falling faster and faster, and before they were taken into the sand with the creature, Ko sand bended them out of the mouth- landing heavily on the sand and speeding away.

(Your name) would never see Ko-Lek the same way again, and a small smile formed on his face- both out of relief and in awe. Ko was a force to be reckoned with.

Ko looked towards (Your name), whipping perspiration off his brow with a grin. "I wasn't delegated to the Chiefs sand sailor for nothin'."

And (Your name) couldn't agree more.

...

This boys and girls is a sand shark, a carnivorous predator that lurks beneath the Si Wong Desert

And who here is suddenly a Ko x (Your name) shipper?

Word Count: 1182

AND FINALLY WE ARE GOING TO GO TO REPUBLIC CITY!!!