PREVIOUSLY, THE REVOLUTION...

Yes, that was his fate. Goodbye world, thanks for the memories-

A wall of solid earth suddenly shot out of nowhere and shielded him from the weird creature.

"What the..."

.

.

.

(Your name) turned around to find an old woman standing there, and her arms were not even raised. The old woman's giant bun that sat upon her head, held in by a dark green and gold headband moved as little as the woman herself did.

"Move out of the road Twinkle-Toes!" the woman commanded as she shifted her stance, widening her centre of gravity. Arms widened out, thin and slightly wrinkly. It was not her stance that (Your name) feared, after all, she was a very small, seemingly frail woman. But maybe it was the way she spoke, the way she almost seemed all knowing. That's what he was afraid of.

(Your name) jumped out of the way, only to see the wall of earth fall down, the animal once again started to bare its fangs at (Your name).

"Wait-"

The woman's posture relaxed, as she gestured towards the other side of the swamp. "Go, be off with you."

The animal stopped baring his teeth and seemed to almost have a look of consideration. Then the beast turned back around and waddled off.

(Your name) was sure that there was a look of awe on his features. "You just told it to... to go... and- and- and he just went..."

The woman scoffed, and turned away from (Your name). "It was a Catgator, they don't harm humans you Dunderhead. They are bottom-feeders."

"Oh." was all (Your name) said as the strange woman started to go.  Than suddenly, an idea sparked in (Your name)'s mind. "Hey, wait! Your an Earth Bender aren't you?"

The woman turned around, hands on her green clothed hips and gave him a dead-panned look through her misty green eyes. "No, I'm an Elephant-rhino."

A small curl of laughter bubbled through his throat. He couldn't help it. It was so... random. Everything about this entire situation was so random. A small smile appeared on his face. "Sorry, I'm just a bit in awe is all. Lets start again, without my silly questions. I'm (Your name). Sorry about my lack of knowledge of these areas... I never saw anything like this living in the Northern water tribe. Everything's sooo... different."

"I can tell your a foreigner Twinkle-Toes..." She started to turn away again.

"Wait, please. I need an earth bending teacher!"

"Not my problem."

"I'll do anything!"

"I don't want anything."

"I'll... um... oh spirit-shit..."

The woman kept on walking away, and easily climbed over a log as she did so.

"What about... Oh, I can make things. You know, pottery and stuff."

"I can make a bowl out of dirt. Why would I need a pottery maker?"

"Oh I don't know! Ummm..."

"Goodbye Twinkle-Toes¬"

"I'll... I'll massage your feet every day. Pedicures and all!"

The woman suddenly stopped, and turned around to look at him.

"...With pumice stones... and my toe nails painted green and gold?"