Chapter 2

Andrea smiled and relaxed next to Sally, she is an introvert like Andrea so she was able to relax in silence and be comfortable and not be worried or anxious to be talkative. She managed to finish some of her homework before class ended but also had time to draft a poem, she thought it might be a great idea to start her own blog on but then thought better of it, she would not be able to keep up with it. Andrea looked to her poem she wrote and smiled in satisfaction.

Ancient one in battle

Slice, cut and stab

No time for cowering

Every day's goodbye

Times up and wars began

Use me to slice your enemies throat

Use me to cut their precious organs

Use me to stab them in the heart

The heart that's too battered to do any good

Keep me always by your side

And I will be blunt when used against you

But ever sharp against your enemies

Show me your loyalty in war

Bathe me in bittersweet blood

For I am your faithful blade of war...

She knew where her inspiration came from this time but sometimes when she put pen to paper, it just comes to her at random, the worst is having something on your mind but it won't come into your mind the second time.

#

Mom works for a practitioner but decided to take extra shifts at the hospital and she doesn't believe in staying late at my friend's place every time she gets an extra shift and burdening them all the time so I am to stay at the library after school then find a safe place until she finishes her shift at seven, at least until I can find a lift club to pick me.

Andrea stood with her friend and her gang who are all friendly towards her but she suspects they would not have had her around if it was not for Jessica. Jessica was the type of person who knew who she was and who she wants to be. She was a loyal friend and she would fight to get herself heard if any of her friends got into trouble, unlike Andrea who would just keep quiet and take whatever...

I hugged the others goodbye and then Jessica and I walked alone out of the gates and it felt like it used to when I first became her friend and used to walk to her place every day and spend time at the park by her place and throwing stones. I looked up to Jessica while she explained how unrulily her class was and she as the class president had to deal with it and quieten them. Jessica has blonde orangish hair in curly flows that she straightens with big grey eyes and small lips, and as her hair color represents, she has a temper and can be unforgivingly stubborn, she once ran from home and refused to talk to even me for a whole week because of some disagreement and till now, I still have no idea why or where she went, it's still a sore subject and I learned to stay clear of it.

"Jessica, I forgot to tell you in the break, I got put in a project with Zackery!"

Jessica gave a shocked look "how could you just forget to tell me that? Do you know who he is and what he does? Andrea, he is dangerous... he belongs to a gang, I don't even know how they allow him and his friends in school" "I know but what can I do? He didn't come to school today but I still have to face him" Jessica pouted "well then just stick to finishing the project and only the project and stay far away from him any other time"

#

Jessica was worried for her friend because Andrea is the type of person that would sympathize with everyone and she doesn't want Andrea to get involved with anyone like Zackery, he is just bad news. Jessica was walking alone and couldn't fathom why Andrea couldn't stay but her mom also agrees with Andreas's mom, which is so unfair but to adults, we are the 'kids' so we don't have a say. Andrea has also become more distant than when we first met but Jessica knows it is the circumstances since they are no longer in the same class and they only see each other a few times and when they do, Jessica is surrounded by friends that although try to include Andrea, are not good friends with her.

When she reached home, Jessica opened the door and gave out a loud laugh when her little sister came rushing and hugged her legs and stopped her forward movement.

"Hey kiddo, did you behave for Miss Sampson?" I tangled her bushy hair more, mummy really needs to let her hair grow, this bowl bob hairstyle is terrible.

#

She took a walk around the library just looking through the books but not reading them then she went to the magazine area and took some magazines and sat down and looked through the designs and DIY section and was interrupted when there was a pull on her sleeve. She looked down to see a young girl about six teary-eyed "I lost my daddy, can you help me?" her heart broke by the desperate tone of the child and she was reminded of when she was lost and alone in the supermarket and knew how scared this little girl was. "of cause honey, let us look around and if we cannot find him, we will wait for him together because he will come back for you"

I got up and took her hand and walked around looking for an older man but I could not find anyone and we were almost to the back of the library where it is quiet when the little girl pulled me to a stop "daddy said I should not go anywhere alone with a stranger" aww oh my god, she is so adorable "yes that is right... but we are in the library and anyone can hear you, we will just peek, ok?" I gave her my sweetest smile, to which she nodded.

Andrea was talking to a librarian about what to do when a child is lost when the little girl gave a squeal and let go of her hand and ran up to a guy the same age as her and called out 'daddy' and jumped into his opened arms.

I should have known that only he could be such an irresponsible father, even though it is a shock to find out he is a father. "her father is here now but thank you" I was about to turn away and go back to the desk when I felt a pull on my pants and looked down to see the little girl smiling brightly at me "I found my daddy, he said I must thank you for helping me" I smiled at her while wondering what kind of person she would turn into with a father like him, I sighed, I should not judge when I know nothing about him or his situation. I patted her on her head "don't lose your daddy again, ok?" I looked up to see Zackery watching me with a blank look on his face so I waved bye to the little girl and left.

The library is closing and I don't know where to go, it is getting late and mom will only pick me at seven, what am I supposed to do for two hours? I took my school bag and put on my jacket and walked through the village and visited clothes stores as well as jewelry stores and just bought a star and moon silver bracelet but got bored quickly.

I looked at the time and was shocked to see only twenty minutes have gone by, what am I to do to pass the time for another hour and a half? I walked a block from an ally when I was almost knocked to the floor when two guys came burling out fighting and somehow a gun was slid to me, I panicked when a flash of memory came forth and I had to push at the memory when the fight came closer to me, well closer to the gun... I did not know any of them and they seemed older but I could not let them kill each other, not in front of me! I had to do something! I ran to the ally because it was the only place they would not see me and pulled out my phone and called the cops, it won't take them long to come as the police service station is just a mere ten-minute walk. "London Police Service, how can I help you?" "Hi, there is a fight in the village by ShopRite and its getting violent, I saw a gun" I hung up and peeked out to see the fight still going on, the guy on top was more muscular and he kept punching but the other guy gave as many blows as he blocked and you could not see who will win, the gun was pushed further, I guess that happened while I was on the phone. They were attracting attention so I slipped through the crowd and walked up to Nando's and decided to wait there so I sent mom a text.