Chapter 18

It has been hours and nationwide news but even worse, everything she had tried to keep quiet was known by her family and friends and she was in a shit load of trouble that she wished she could stay overnight in jail to process it but she was released and awarded for her decision and again she thought on how things turned over so quickly but she was still a teenager and angry by the way they treated her so she was stubborn and snobbish with them. The ride with her mother was quiet and not the good quiet, she sneaked glances but knew that nothing she could say or do will change how broken their relationship is now and that time is needed for everything. Andrea got home and was heading to her room "dinner will be ready in a few minutes" she nodded even though she was not hungry, she knew her mom and she did not want to start an argument. School was out for a week but because of finals coming up, they were having study classes at a neighboring school for matriculants and Andrea was not looking forward to it but she has no choice, the more she leaves things, the more harder it would get so she has to confront her mother and Jessica, everyone else didn't know or want to know her to have been hurt so after dinner she will have a long talk and tomorrow would be Jessica's turn but there is also a talk that she is running from and wishes not to have, ever, but she also will have no choice, knowing Zackery, he will push her until she bursts and tells him so she should at least take control of the conversation. Because of all that was going on, Andrea never grieved her friendship or even thought about Aneliya or Aleksandur and now alone in her room, the tears just flowed for the new friends she lost and again it was because of that world, she does not know who they worked for and which organization but that world was all the same and she lost them the same way she lost Anthony, she never got a chance to go check on them but heard that they both were missing. Andrea went over the things she knew and now she sees things more clearly, like the most obvious one was when she thought Aneliya was spying on the agents because of me but in actuality, she was watching them and Daniel because they were contracted to kill him, they came in the month that he came and to the same school! Sigh this work is not for her if she could not see the signs and this is the second time too! Andrea wiped her eyes and nose so many times that it became sensitive but still she could not stop crying, this also reminded her of that day... she and Crystal tried to get away instead of staying and investigating more when they found proof but they missed the part where Anthony was one of them and he caught them and was pushed to kill one of them and he picked Crystal, Andrea saw her fall to the ground but she was warned not to move so she just had to watch her struggle to breath then all hell broke loose as uncle came in shouting and threatened to kill Anthony and that caused a shootout where her uncle lay dead and she moved to Crystals side and she had her gun out and pointed and she saw Anthony's eyes, it seemed to lose its glow and become detached "I will kill you Andrea so put the gun down and you can come out of this alive and we can be happy together" she held Crystals hand and saw her try to speak with blood leaking out of her mouth then she had a seizure like move and laid still and her eyes grew dull and lifeless but Andrea could not let go, she only let a tear out and in anger she shot Anthony and received a shot to the shoulder but at that time, the agents stormed the place and shot the guy that shot her and she dragged herself to a dying Anthony "why..." he was struggling but he moved his eyes and she saw so much pain and regret "don't t- ell Zack... I- am- so- sor-ry love..." till this day Andrea does not know the reason behind it all and now with this... she felt cursed and angry and she just wanted to cry out in anger to the universe.

She got up to the bright sun and cursed, after such a dreary day it seems like the world should be shrouded in darkness and rain, not sunshine and brightness, it was like it was mocking her and she groaned in frustration when she saw it was still early but she would not be able to go back to sleep and even if she did, it would ruin her getting up so she got up and got ready, she was a bit hungry as mom must of heard her crying and didn't call her down last night but she didn't want to face her yet so she stayed in her room until it was time to go and she rushed out with a 'goodbye mom' but didn't kiss her cheek like she used to. As she walked to the bus stop to get to this new school, she asked why they couldn't make this class later after school? Why do they have to attend the other school? She met some other students at the bus stop and in the bus and she felt uncomfortable under their gazes but she just looked down and wallowed in her own head, she must look ruff with bags under her eyes and sore nose. She got off the bus and wandered around alone, too afraid to look for Jessica and didn't want any company but since there were only the matriculants in this whole new school, it was easy to blend in and slip through unnoticed, at least to most, there are the occasional curious stares and more so because she was alone but she moved away fast and found a secluded spot to stay at for a while. She was thinking over how she would talk to Jessica but she was not feeling so good, she just wanted to lay down and cry for days and not worry about reality for a while but life's not fair and life moves on even if you don't or wishes it doesn't. Andrea 'mistakenly' left her phone at home so she won't be bothered but then she thought what if Jessica tried to reach out? She thought she should at least try to talk to her before they forced it but maybe she also wants a break from her for a while.

Classes were anything but a bore! Andrea was like a celebrity with everybody wanting to talk to her or be near her because she is now seen as 'cool' because she saved a student and is an agent and it hurts something in her to know that those same very people who teased and mocked her throughout school, now wants to be friends and it's not because of who she is and then there is Zackery... no one tries to go up to him! She sits with all eyes on her and she's ready to burst in tears from it all because all she can think of was that they were her friends, why does she have to make such hard decisions every time, why should she have to choose? Andrea decided to confront Jessica when she heard the conversations going on around her and knew that Jessica would have also heard and she would look like a bad friend because she kept Jessica in the dark, she was trying to avoid contact for so long thinking how it would go that she forgot to think of the situation it put them in, she felt so selfish! She is now impatient to meet and talk it out with Jess and her mother to sort everything out and then she should talk to the agents about her somewhat failed assignment, she cannot forget that although Daniel survived, he could have easily have died long before she could stop it and then there is the case of one of her friends being an assassin just like her boyfriend - past boyfriend. The bell rang and it had not even finished its long ring and she was out of class and looking for Jessica but was stopped short when she bumped into Zackery, how the hell did he get in front of her so fast? "we need to talk. Now" he then pulled her out of school and they were walking to nowhere alone but she went along because he has the right to know now, she could not keep it all a secret anymore. "he told me to keep it a secret from you" he looked at her and she saw the deep pain "I've been thinking and my conclusions..." she knew he would figure it out, he is too sharp not to after what he heard "there is no easy way to tell you... he was with them and they made him chose who to kill and he chose to kill Crystal, uncle came and things went hay-why and he threatened me not to move but I had to go to her and I shot him. They made him into an assassin, he had their eyes, they taught him to go into that cold emotionless place to kill and he did" Andrea was in tears when she told him and it stung when she wiped her eyes because the sensitivity was still there from last night's breakdown "Crystal was dead and a part of me needed to know why so I dragged myself to him but all he could say was not to tell you and I never got the why and I still have no idea why" She knew he needed alone time and so she was about to leave when he held her upper arm "tell me, how did you get over his betrayal?" she looked at him through her eye lashes "I didn't, it still haunts me and that is why I can't trust anyone anymore and just when I thought I could, I'm put into the same situation and you know the worst part, I still love him..." she burst into tears again at the end and just ran away, she could not go home so she went to the only place she can vent her anger, she went to the underground fight club.