Chapter 17

Aleksandur had shot her point blank in her chest and if we do not get her on an operating table soon, we will lose her. So far, he harmed no one else but he has his sights on Daniel and by the emotionless detached look in his eyes, Andrea knew he was a made assassin and that he is able to go to a place to feel nothing when he kills but unfortunately that place only works on logic and not emotion, thus he was able to wound his beloved sister, but that will break him down once he comes out of his emotionless state. "I know you there Andrea! Come out little girl or this one will suffer, you wouldn't want him to know what being shot feels like, would you?" she gave a sigh in frustration and tried to think but bolted out of her hiding place when she heard the gunshot and Daniel's scream but Aleksandur just smirked because of his play "you shot your sister, why?" he looked at me after waving his gun in front of Daniel, warning him not to move "she got in my way, I had no choice" Andrea saw something flicker behind his eyes and knew that the real Aleksandur behind this cold exterior wanted out "Aleksandur... don't do this to me, I can't go through it again... I can't have another friend betray me" she tried to appeal to his good side but in this condition, it did nothing "what do-" that was Zackery's voice cut out when Aleksandur shot at him but Zackery was also trained and hid behind the wall "don't come out Zackery! I know who you are and I will fire" she moved closer "Nah ah ah, not a step, move back in place little girl" gosh it is frightening how different a person is when their emotions are off, you get a slight peak when people are professionals at their work, a bit closed off and crocodile smiles, I don't know why the more closed off and emotionless you are, the more professional you look and seem but that's how the world is. Andrea took her steps back and looked in the corner, more afraid to face off with Zackery than with Aleksandur "did she know that you were an assassin?" he gave me a cold smile "of cause she did, she too was one, trained and raised as one like me but she had the sentimental idea to get out of this line of work, well the only way out is to be dead so I took the assignments to keep us safe" Aleksandur shrugged like it was nothing but she could see behind the detached eyes where he was lurking, he was in misery, he too probably wanted out. Andrea was trained by the agent camps and thus she knew of the emotionless state that assassins go to when they can't kill in their right minds but she was warned to never venture there, it can be addicting and like a drug, Aleksandur probably needed to 'help' his sister so he can keep his drug of choice. Andrea knew she had to kill him but she has not gotten over her last kill of a loved one and as Aleksandur became a brother to her, she was angry and sad and terrified and gosh she was scared, it's strange, you would think that as a trained agent, she wouldn't be scared but headstrong but the fact is, everyone is scared and only confident in their work 40 – 50% 0f the time. She saw Zackery creeping alongside to the other side of the brick building and she also saw Jade and Jessica and knew they going to find out that she lied to them big time and that made her want to hide forever but she must get Daniel out of this, so far, he is unhurt besides being shit scared and Aleksandur didn't help it by shooting a few meters away from him that left him dazed and deaf by the blood leaking out of his ear. "you know, I always wondered why you chose not to put your skills to use, whether it was on the right side of the law or the other..." he seems to be chatty so Andrea chose to keep him that way and distracted "I wanted a normal life, well as normal as I could get it and if everyone found out about me, I wouldn't be and I wanted to forget" he just looked at her in that blank stare that unsettled her "but why be an awkward loner when you could have been someone great?" this talk to be had in front of her classmates... it was to unsettle her, she looked out to see confusion on everyone's faces but the look on Jessica's face made her heart beat in fear and when she looked back to Aleksandur, she could see that this was what he had planned for, he knew they were all watching "it's just who I am" he smiled and I knew he was going to say something that would put me in deep water "you said you never felt more yourself, like back when you were in America with your cousin and started to be when you were with Aneliya and I" she saw at the edge of her vision as Jessica shifted uncomfortably but was broken out of her thoughts and daze when Zackery tackled Aleksandur and she moved on instinct and wrestled the gun out of his hand and nodded to Daniel, indicating to him to leave "Zackery get off him" Zackery lifted him up and twisted his arms back and she pointed the gun steadily to his head. "ok, did anyone call the police?" she looked out to the crowd and was a bit intimidated as she is taking charge when before she was no one and the teachers are even skeptical but then that isn't new, no adult would like for a teenager to be in charge. Andrea knew she could not hold the gun for a long time before her arm gives up on her and spasms so since Zackery had him, she rested her arms but kept an eye on any activity. She inched towards Aneliya and squatted down to see the wound, Aneliya had managed to absorb the pain and so she looked like she was in shock but she knew the drill and tried not to talk or move to conserve her energy so Andrea gave her space and moved back into position.

#

Andrea was handcuffed and kept in the school office with Zackery; Aleksandur got a shot at Zackery and dislocated his right leg when he heard the police and she shot him on his shoulder to save him but that was when the police showed up and arrested them and because they thought they were naughty children, gave them the whole 'everything you say can be used against you' speech and didn't let us talk. They were put in the back of the police van and they both looked at each other in expiration with the way they were treated without explanation. When they got to the station, they were lead to the waiting and booking station where they tried to state what happened again but were shut down, she knows they got a statement from the teachers and teenagers that saw what happened but apparently that was not enough as they were taking too long to process it all. She called one of the FBI agents so they would be able to explain everything and as they are adults, they will be listened to and although they have no jurisdiction here, as fellow law abiding enforces, they will be more so helpful to get them free.