Chapter 9

Break was uneventful but Aneliya tried to bring her more into the conversation with the group but they did not care and carried on with their conversation while Andrea was in her own world, thinking about how she hates school and wishes it was all over already, she had to suffer for years with her anxiety that school just doubled and school has also helped double the depression load but Andrea guesses it has also taught her how to hide it better and absorb the emotions without release or maybe training at camp was where she released the pressure but sometimes, she hates how well she can hide.

It was a two-week camp where I was with my cousin Crystal most of the time and then we introduced Anthony and his brother Zackery, it was an FBI Agency supported camp and it had maybe just twenty-five to sixty students every year and only one percent used to come back. The camp was not up to their standard because it was not so much fun as it was to train us to become agents as well, so it was a course accentually. Crystal and I were introduced to it by her dad who was an FBI agent years ago but due to an injury he left as his wife, my aunt, wanted him to quit if he wanted to stay with her. Aunt never knew that the camp we went to, was a training camp and we never told her because we knew she would stop us so we lied and told her about normal camp activities as we were the only children who participated. Crystal had a boyfriend as well but they could only meet at camp, she met him at camp when we went to drive and he nearly knocks us, it was to get her attention as we soon found out because he was a great driver but he was a player that broke her heart and Crystal broke his arm in training for it and has always been on guard after that, and it pains me that she never got another chance and never will, that her last experience was a broken heart.

She did not know whether to listen to Samantha and sit next to Kody or not, what if she was bluffing and he will embarrass her by chasing her away? She decided not to test it and go sit in her own place but when she entered, Samantha and group cornered her and dragged her to the back and pushed her to sit, what was she to do? So, she sat and they went to their seats and when the bell rang, Andrea saw him come in with his friends, he paused when he saw her by his seat and his friends looked and teased him because of her obvious change of seats and Andrea knew then that Samantha and gang had set her up but she will not just sit quietly this time and take their scheming plans, she decided to act clueless about him not wanting her to sit next to him and due to her training, she's great at it but it was always so difficult to do so when she knows the person and they know her; even more so because of her stupid crush. Kody stood with his friends for a while then slowly made his way to her when the teacher came, he finally acknowledged her by giving her a questioning look to which she was about to reply when the teacher spoke up and scolded Kody for being out of his seat. He gave her his signature smirk and sat down with a mock bow to acknowledge her authority; to which she just started writing down notes on the board.

He looked to me then "you were saying..." I blushed with his full attention on me "Samantha told me to sit here because you wanted to talk to me?" it did not come out as cool or confused as I thought, but as a statement in a small awkward voice that I mentally hit myself for. I have only ever talked to him whenever he asked for money which makes my crush that much worse.

It was the second break and Andrea dashed out of class to get to Jessica and tell her the news but bumped into Jade "oh, gosh Jade, I'm so sorry" she picked her friend's bag while wondering why she was taking her stuff "don't worry about it, how are things going? We never get to chat much the other day" Andrea just froze because Jade always tried to push her too much and she does not need this now, not with everything that's going to happen "I'm well and you? You know I'm always quiet" Andrea smiled and relaxed but all she wanted to do was get rid of the nervousness that was in her for the last two periods and for that, she needs Jessica "Well, you need to be more outspoken, this world is full of communication and you will go nowhere as quiet as you always are, I got to go but listen to what I said" Andrea gave out a sigh of frustration, she is right, this world is full of extroverts and most of the work to be done, can only be done if you are extroverted and the one percent that is introverted needs to change to fit in or run headless until you get an opportunity or luck strikes you. Andrea gave no more thought to life outside school because that's a huge decision and went looking for Jessica, she found her with the group by the school fence, talking to a guy outside the fence and she got nervous walking up to them because she remembered seeing him at the underground fight club but luckily, he got called to the car by the time she reached "hey, who was that?" she asked no one in particular "that is my brother, he finished school last year" said Aneliya and after she said that, Andrea noticed the resemblance, she nodded then looked to Jessica "can I talk to you?" She left the group and came to me "whatsup?" Andrea started grinning and she's sure she resembles the cat from Alice in Wonderland but at that moment, she didn't care "Kody asked me out! We going to watch a movie! with his friends after school at Devan's house though" she hugged me and congratulated me "when and how did this happen?" she took Jessica to one of our spots at school and sat under the tree and told her from before and after the break.

Kody seemed to be uncomfortable with me so I spoke up and told him that I am sorry for listening to Samantha, that I should have known, He glared at Samantha and that made me feel horrible so I was going to take down notes when I remembered that Samantha and gang dragged me here so I didn't have any of my things and I started panicking, because if the teacher caught me, which is likely because I was next to a troublemaker, I would get into trouble, I took the text book that he had opened to a random page and kept to the side and I gave out a shy small smile "I don't have any of my things and I'm scared of being caught" he smirked at me than "that's fine, we can share" then he brought the book closer to him and I had to stretch my neck so latter when mam told us to read a section, I scooted closer "Andrea, I need money because I need to take the bus later, I'm going to Devan's place and I will be finishing late so I can't go with my sister, can I have 2 pounds?" I totally deflated hearing this and I guess he saw, like he always saw and he offered something in return, he normally will take my money and go to the tack shop and buy something for me and keep the change and it was stupid but that made me feel good to have him do that "if you don't believe me, you can ask Devan" I knew they were friends but I also knew that he could get a lift but... "I don't need to but I don't have any cash on me" His eyes lit when I said I didn't have cash on me and I was reviewing what I said "you always say that but you always have" I sighed "really, I don't have, I used it up in the first break" he gave me this begging look that melted me "I have my card and I can withdraw for your bus fare after school..." he grabbed my hand "thank you, maybe you can join us at Devan's house" this is the first time that I was invited to be with him but I didn't want to act all excited although my heart was jumping up and down in excitement from both his holding my hand and the invite "maybe but my mom picks me up at Nando's at seven so probably not" I smiled and looked down "the movie will definitely be finished by then plus I'm sure you will have enough time to go to Nando's, I'll even walk you" I frowned and looked at him when he said that because that seemed so forward for him to say to me! "urm yeah sure..." I wanted to ask him, what's the catch, but I kept that thought quiet and when the bell rang, before I got up to go back to my place, I accepted his proposal "I don't know where Devan stays so I'll meet you after school?" my heart was beating so hard, waiting for rejection or acceptance that I could hardly hear his yes but I saw him nod.