Chapter 11

Andrea decided to read to pass up the time, she managed to finish what homework she had after Aleksandur and Aneliya left since it was not much and now she's alone because her mom has a date and she's staying the night. She is going out with Joey, he is a nice guy overall and he is able to put up with her judgmental ways so that's a plus and it has recently become serious as they have been dating over a year. Apparently, they were in school and they just crossed paths and decided to date and it worked out. She stopped reading the second chapter of Guilty Pleasures last so she went online to read from where she stopped, this is the second time she is reading the Anita Blake series but it is addictive and she can read it repeatedly, just as long there is probably about a year gap in-between. Andrea loved how the story brings you in the world and it becomes real, how you can feel what the characters feel and how you become them. She always thought that to become a writer, you had to have a vision so intense that to write it all down, it takes you to a new reality and erases the old and she envied them that choice but she has her own vision, hers and her cousins that she must make into reality. She just finished the fourth chapter when her phone rang "Hello, Carson residence" she hated answering the phone but now that she's alone, she has no choice "Good Evening, I am calling you from financial -" gosh I hate call centers the worst "I'm sorry, we not interested, goodbye" "wait-" I hung up before they could make me guilty enough to listen to them. Andrea always liked sleeping in on the weekends and so if she has to go anywhere, she picks out her clothing and irons the night before so when it is time to get up, all she had to do was wash up, bath and change, no washing hair so it would be quick but Andrea has the bad habit of not eating healthily, she only eats when she is hungry and not the prescribed three times a day routine. The one good thing about her diet is that she drinks water at least two tumblers a day, warm water at night which is horrible but the best for health purposes and a cool refreshing tumbler in the mornings. After her pick of clothing, which is a dark blue skinny leg jeans and a long sleeve irregular slim fit cardigan over a black strapless top that she would pair it off with knee length brown boots, she went to put the kettle on and to wash up.

We were having dinner like always but it was strained because uncle is missing in action again, this is happening too often now, he never used to miss dinner with the family. Uncle always said that a family dinner is the most important time to have in any family, that a family that can sit and eat comfortably together with no tension is a strong family, he used to call and postpone or have early dinners if he knew he would be busy and no one is allowed to pass up family dinner, if there is an emergency, the family will deal with it and postpone dinner or it is not an emergency, but this is the third time he missed dinner without warning. The tension is ripe with worry, uncle no longer works with the FBI as an agent but a desk job as he is getting too old to be on the field, so there is no reason he should be going out at all hours anymore but whenever he is away and we ask him, he mentions it as extra work. Andrea jumped up in shock and when all eyes looked to her, she excused herself to the bathroom and looked to her buzzing phone in concern, if uncle was there, she would have never had left to answer it as he does not allow phones with dinner and it should be left in the room but she had gotten to the habit of keeping it on vibration in her pocket. She frowned in concern when she saw Anthony calling, he knew not to call at dinner time, so it must be important "Hey Anthony, what's wrong?" "Hey babe, what made you think something's up?" her brows went up with this "well you calling at dinner time, which you know not to do" "oh well, I just saw your uncle so I thought dinner was over or canceled..." my heart beat in anticipation and curiosity got the best of me "you saw uncle? Where and what was he doing? Was he alone?" I never told Anthony that uncle was skipping dinner and coming home late "err he was at the Camden with two people, they were just walking about and talking, Andrea what is this about? Is he not supposed to be here" "thank you for telling me but I have to go, I will talk to you soon, goodbye, I love you" she didn't wait for his reply but cut the call and went back to dinner after flushing the toilet to make the bathroom break real. Crystal looked at her and knew something happened but carried on with dinner while Andrea played with her food in worry and she struggled with the decision to spy on her uncle or confront him. She knew she could not keep this from Crystal but wanted to, at least until she knew more but already Crystal is sending her curious and glaring eyes at her because she is ignoring her. Crystal pulled her to her room as soon as dinner finished and just stood in front of her, Andrea clammed up but after a while she could not hold it in any longer "Anthony phoned because he thought dinner was over because he saw uncle" Crystal breathed in and out and just stood there, glaring at her to continue "he was walking with two people at the Camden" Crystal nodded "ok so are we going to confront him or are we going to spy, which I should mention he might catch up on us because although daddy is no longer an active agent, he was a really good agent just a few years ago and training like that does not just disappear" "I was bending more towards spying? I mean uncle has always been strict when it came to dinner and now he has missed not just one but three? Yeah, I needed to know more before I confront him and well... we would have to be double cautious but we could always say we are practicing our skills" Andrea shrugged.

She awoke to a state of dread and looked around in confusion and tried to remember what dream she had that would cause her to be in distress, although she knows it could only be a memory of the past, she always finds herself trying to remember. She looked at her cell, not anything fancy, a simple Samsung Galaxy J1 Ace, and saw the time, it was only five minutes past two. She could not go back to sleep in the state she is in now so she got up with a sigh and went to splash cold water on her face which did nothing really, then decided to just have a nice mug of coffee. When she put the water to boil, she just sat at the kitchen counter and thought of the many nights she and Crystal would wake and tiptoe to the kitchen to steal ice-cream and talk about everything and anything, that was their favorite time to spend time together. Now she makes sure to stay away from ice-cream at night because that was reserved for their memories only, some memories should never be taken over and one so special should be treasured. She made her coffee and added a spoon of hot chocolate to give it a chocolatey taste and breathe in the aroma. Andrea remembered this one night when Crystal snuck alcohol and we put it in the ice-cream but it did not taste any different but watery and so we tasted the vodka and were shocked that it was just water! We thought that she was tricked but she promised that it was closed when she first bought it and that it was open when she took it from her drawer but thought Andrea opened it to which she told her no, they automatically knew who was to blame and knew they were in trouble and rushed back to their rooms but was stopped at the staircase by Crystals father who stood with his hands to his sides and had an angry look pointed at them and they both gulped in fear but all he did was move his head towards their room, indicating that they should get inside and left, they knew he would punish them only after he cools down which would be tomorrow and that was what kept them up the whole night, he was such a father figure to Andrea as well, that it broke her as well as Crystal's to find out the truth.