Chapter 3

When she got home, she was so tired that she just ate the burger that she bought and hit the bed, she managed to do some of her homework at the restaurant and the rest she'll just leave it or try to get up earlier to do it.

Her alarm blared and she woke with a start, she rushed to put it off and snuggled up in the blanket as it was so cold. She had to get up to do the rest of her homework but with how tired and cold it is, she doesn't seem to feel up to it, maybe she will leave out breakfast and do it.

I did not sleep well last night, seeing the gun brought back unpleasant memories of my past and I kept having nightmares and even awake, the memories trouble me... I thought I had my future all planned out and set and it still is, if I want it but... it's not what I thought it was, what my uncle made it out to be, he betrayed the system, and Crystal and I the most and he made that whole world that I saw in light, grey. Funny how you think you know a person because you are with them when they are their best and even what you thought was their worst, then you see past the cloud that they shroud themselves in and it's not the sunshine streaking out.

As soon as she entered class till now, her heart was beating like a hummingbird's wings and it is all because of one person, Zackery Mahogany. She kept looking at the time to see how long it will be before she must face him and wishing time slows... but time seems to work the opposite to what you want when you wish for the time to go fast, it slows down and when you wish for it to slow, it goes fast. The bell rang and she felt so stupid for not checking the timetable and thinking English was now, she still has one more period plus break to prepare, her heart didn't so much as slow but it seemed to have a hollower space.

Andrea was hearing whispers about the incident with the guns and violence and she heard a rumor that police have asked to come in and talk to matriculants about violence and weapons and the proper procedure or the know how if there's no trusted person nearby. She also heard that this will be a new subject introduced in Life Orientation and that they will be graded on it and she was wondering how they could learn it all in a short period of time.

#

Andrea was seated in between Sarah and Zackery and she was having a hard time keeping her posture up so close to him and the dam he brings up. She kept glancing at him and away and that irritated Zackery because she should be holding up better around him, after all, it has been over a year. "Would you stop with the glances, it's not as obvious as you think"

I blushed when all attention was on me and it's all because of Zackery, could he not just speak softer or was his attention to embarrass me?" What is going on there? Zackery?" My heart beat faster and I looked at Zackery in fear but then looked forward, it would be stupid of him to complain to the teacher that he was angry because I was looking at him "it's sorted" I could hear the snickers and whispers around the classroom as soon as the teacher turned around and I blushed even more. I was more nervous and hated Zackery more when I heard Kody's laugh, I peeked through my hair and saw him sitting in a relaxed posture with his legs spread out under the table and his elbows on the back table, he smirked to his friends and I saw them looking at me, I blushed and looked down. He knows I like him and it is just a joke to him and his friends and I overheard him once say that it was an embarrassment to have a stalker like me. I was almost in tears when I heard and I made an excuse and went into the ladies and stayed there for the whole break crying, I was shit scared to go back to class and face him after that but I had no choice.

For the rest of the class, she pulled and absorbed into herself and stayed in her head, while the rest of the class chatted and carried on, she just sat there doing nothing and looking like an idiot although, to her, she was living in a whole other world. Whenever she peeked out of her world, she felt hypersensitive to everything around her and she felt the thundering pulse in her neck when she caught Zackery asses her, he was so blunt about it, just staring and not looking away and she did not know what he was thinking or what to do, he made her so embarrassed when she looked at him last so she just looked straight and tried to pay attention to the teacher but her mind was captured by him, so much so that she could not even exit into her world of fantasies. He leaned on the edge of the chair and watched her full on and it made her nervous and self-conscious. He had these hazel colored eyes that with his dark black hair that he kept in an emo hairstyle that just captured you, but when you see the whole of him plus his attitude, scares the crap out of you. She knows from experience, the muscles are not just for show or enhanced by supplement's, in the last year and a half that she stopped training, it doesn't seem like he stopped but from the rumors she's heard, it's not the training they used to have, he has chosen a backward path. She wonders if that is why he is staring? Is he remembering the past and like her, wondering what the other is doing now? Not like they were close or anything before but they knew each other.

The bell rang so she started packing slowly so she can just leave instead of waiting for Zackery to finish pack and leave, she was just putting her last book away when Zackery got up but looked at her, he bent down to her ear and whispered to her and left, she was wide-eyed and left out a breath and looked around to see if anyone saw them before leaving. Unknown to her, Sally heard what he had to say and was curious as to how they knew each other as they never spoke to each other before today, or at least that was what she thought and Zackery only came here about a year ago from overseas somewhere, plus Andrea was not the type to know guys like Zackery so why would Zackery tell her to meet him after school and to catch up on old times but this time, he intends to win? She was thinking it over that she forgot it was lunch and she was one of the last ones to leave.

Andrea was freaking out, she tried for so long to forget and erase her past but it had always shadowed her and now, she has a choice of bringing the shadows closer by confronting Zackery about the past and she doesn't know if she wants to, although there is a part of her that wants her past back and misses who she was then and who she was going to become... but the betrayal and loss she had to go through destroyed that part of her. "Andrea...you have been spacing out for half of the break, what's got you so zoned out?" I looked up to see Samantha, and the girls who were chatting, stopped to see what's going on with me so I just blushed slightly and looked down "sorry, I was thinking about Zackery, you know, because of the project we have to do..." I added the later when I saw their expressions "he's just so rude and I'm wondering how Sally and I will be able to finish when we can't even start and I'm sure the class is ahead of us and we were just put into our groups!" I saw their sympathetic and pitying looks and I knew they bought it but wondered why they bothered to even ask or pretend "I'm going to get something to drink, anyone wants something from the tuck-shop?" I saw them take out money and dreaded my decision, I hate being responsible for the money and change "I'll have five Bon-Bon's and Simba chips, the salt and vinegar one and what chips you want Sindy?" She looked to Sindy "I'll have the cheese and onions" and now the real hard part, remembering the orders and be able to collect the change and count it before the line pushes me out.