Chapter 6

She is sweating and her heart is beating abnormally fast, she cannot believe she's here and alone no less, why should she have to do this? This is a place out of her past that she used to wish away and only recently decided to bring back but not into their cards so why is she here again? Isn't this playing right into their hands? Even if they have nothing to do here, this is a part of their world and she doesn't want to be here! "BOYS AND GIRLS, TODAY WE HAVE A FIRST TIMER CONTENDER! WE WANT HER TO FEEL AT HOME; SO, GIVE SOME LOVE TO NIGHTINGALE!" I chose that name because it was the name I had chosen with my cousin when we decided to give each other vigilante names because we were doing so well in our training but they didn't allow us to do anything so we fantasized doing things on our own like in the movies and tv series "AND SHE WILL BE GOING AGAINST OUR BLACK JAGGER!" humph that is the most ridicules name to have, not intimidating at all... well until you looked at him at least. She looked around while she entered the circle of people, it was perhaps about fifteen to twenty around and she had no idea if this was the norm or not but she was nervous to show her face and was looking for any familiar faces but could not pick out any from the crowd, Zackery said he would not be here because this was not his day to fight and he never watches so it would be suspicious if he comes. This place was set in an abandoned building and they broke the inside walls to make it enough space for this small crowd, she guessed they knew only so much would come, maybe this is always the crowd. She stepped off the broken boards and missed stepping onto a nail and injuring herself before the fight, you would think this place would be clean for the fighters but there are much unhygienic dirt and smells and dangerous objects to deter the fight and audiences so they know that only the desperate will fight. When Crystal and I witnessed a fight in a restaurant we went to, it was humorous, to say the least and it was slow with just hard hits and brawling as they were both drunk but filled with jealousy and we just shook our heads in shame of their pathetic moves but here, although some are not trained the way we were, they fight with all they have and it is brutal and it is different from trained fighting but I had to do this, I have not fought in two whole years and I need the release plus I will need the practice to stay sharp and the FBI might not be so understanding, at first because of the huge lie... leaving out details for so long.

She had to wear Zackery's cargo pants and tie her top tight, she would be at a disadvantage because she had to only go in with socks as you cannot fight with school shoes. She was thinking of going barefoot but looking around the floor, decided not to, her hands were bare as well because that was one of the rules for beginners, it is only when you are a top fighter and you fight other top fighters that you can wear gloves if your opponent matches you. She was in a stance with her one leg back and both hands up, not so much a boxing pose as her feet were flat and not bouncing like the other guy. He has some muscle to him and from his boxing dance, he seems to know how to fight. She looked him in the eyes at last after the inspection to see his smirk directed at the announcer and she knew then that he didn't see her as competition and a part of her was furious and wanted to prove him wrong but she knew that was the irrational part of her and relaxed in her stance and watched his movements, it's funny how it all came naturally to her like she did not put off training for two years and the anticipation of what's to come calmed her down and her racing heart began its calm beat and her breathing evened out while she went through moves in my head.

While the people watched in awe, they did the pre-fight protocol and warm up. Andrea did her warm up before she came and so she just did the protocol and watched as he did his warm-up that seems to be more for her benefit as he was showing off... For beginners, the fights are one hour long and you only get one round a day and the win determines your next fight or lack off. If you do not win at least three fights in a month, you are disqualified and owe a thousand Pounds fine, which is ridiculous but if you in the fight, it means you agreed, you also can only postpone your fights as a beginner once a month or you are disqualified and owe five hundred Pounds, if you won a match previously or a thousand Pounds if you did not, so you need to know and follow your schedule, it helps if you get an agent but those are only for top fighters that are too busy to remember and do their own thing plus the agents get a cut even if you lose... you can get an agent as a beginner but it is not recommended unless you need to be trained by which the agent also does, and you have money. Andrea is trained but Zackery seems to be taking upon an agent's role although free. The signal was given to start and he started jumping around me and I turned with him but moved purposely slow while backing up unevenly but kept my face blank and watched, I saw him tense when he launched forward and I moved to the side and that stopped him while I got booed by the crowd and told to get started or get lost but I knew what I was doing so I did not get nervous or bullied into rushing him and losing like an amateur would. I stuck it out after watching his jabs a few times where I was called out for but I blocked them out and focused and waited for his rash angry movement and that is when I lashed out but he was fast and my knuckles just managed to scrape his jaw line then he bulldozered me and attacked punch after punch, trying to push me out the ring for an easy win, it is hard to see where the chalk drawn line was so it is best not to move back a lot, so after blocking all his punches, he got fed up and decided to trip me, I went with it and pulled him down with me and landed on the other side, I landed my knee on his hard stomach and got up and kicked him in the cheek when he was getting up, I'm not much of a fighter when a person is down although I was trained to do so but here, you either buckle up or go home so I fell on him and my elbow hit the same spot my knee hit and I felt his breath leave his body and that is when I managed to get him into a chokehold, he had all his air taken away so he could not think straight to fight me besides struggling to breath and little time to do so, he taped the floor thrice and I let go and stood up. I had blocked out the crowd but now I looked around and it was in silence then applause and the announcer came up "WOW! A FIRST TIMER AND NIGHTINGALE WON AGAINST BLACK JAGGER!"