Chapter 7

Andrea went back to the public bathrooms and changed back and when she came out and saw the time, she cursed herself and wished she hadn't taken so long after the fight to get a feel of everyone and watched the next match, her match took only twenty minutes but the next took more than half an hour, she should have gone another day to watch and now she ran like hell to reach Nando's which was five minutes away and it is eighteen-forty now. By the time, she reached, she was tired from her fight and fast paced walk and just sat and ordered lemonade with passion fruit and hoped to finish it before her mother got here. She put her head down to relax for a moment and ended up falling asleep and was woken up by her mother shaking her shoulders, "I'm sorry I'm late honey, I ordered take out for supper, let's go" I gave out a yawn and stretched out my hands and back and followed her out, it was only then I thought of the consequences of our plan, if we leave to America next year, we will be leaving our family, mom will most likely come because of my experience there but she will hate to be away from family and aunt Janet moved down after losing uncle and Crystal and she is unstable with her outbursts and mom helps out when she can and if she follows me, she will have to leave aunt Janet in the hands of the hospital only. Andrea helped herself to tropika but at the last minute changed to water since she didn't have any today and sat down to watch tv and to eat her burger from McDonald's, The Bold and The Beautiful was on and although she gets so annoyed with the characters and their decisions and silliness, it is a very addictive program that she can't help but follow.

I am so damn lazy! I could have done my homework or at least try to attempt it but I instead did nothing and this is the third time, the school never tried to discipline us before but everything is getting stricter now, so I now have detention. I was so embarrassed when Sir called me out in front of class to write my answer on the board and I drew blank because I had nothing to go by plus I am not good at Math's so I could not do the equation on the spot and got berated on how I will fail if I don't start doing my homework blah blah blah... exams will be coming up soon and I never start learning and I am not even doing my homework and I am so distracted that I hardly pay attention in class, I also do not pay attention to Kody as much as I used to so that is an indication that something is up that boggled my mind. Gosh I'm probably going to fail this year, well not English, L.O, Afrikaans and Business Studies but maybe the rest or if I pass, it won't be by much.

Andrea gave out a sigh of frustration! There is just so much to do and so many influences that disturb the high schools; teen life's concentration to the max and it's not getting any easier. She was never good in school, it was taught poorly and she hated it because she could not understand! Which brings her to her training camp studies and how well she used to do and she just wonders how that can be? How can she ace all those classes when she can't even study for school? The classes she had to learn at camp were taught to adults when they supposed to join the program before turning into agents, yes, she was learning from the time she started going to the camp back when she and her cousin were little but you learn from school at a ripe young age as well, like for example, at camp she learnt to speak and write in other languages and that is why she is doing so well in English and Afrikaans and it's got nothing to do with learning it through school.

They were sitting together again and it was more comfortable because of their talk but there was still tension in the air regarding what to do now. Sally had excused herself for the moment and left class but she said she won't be long, Andrea has changed her mind on becoming friends with her but for the time being, she would be friendly for the sake of the project. Speaking of friends, it seems Jessica has made a new best friend. You would not believe what has happened, this new girl just came from Bulgaria and with her new accent and looks, she became instantly popular. Her name is Aneliya Bronislava and no one can say her name the way it's meant to be said, she has brown hair with natural blondish highlights and light blue eyes so she's more of a model in a school. She is in Jessica's class and became easy friends with her and now she hangs out with us and the group and even after school when Jessica and I normally have a little time alone, Aneliya's there now too, and I would not have minded as Jessica has a lot of friends but in such a short period of time, Jessica has become more distant towards me and more best friend friendly towards Aneliya and it feels an awfully a lot like I am being replaced and what makes it worse is that I feel like I deserve this as I have not been a very good friend, the way I see others be, and I also know I will be distancing myself; because at the end of this year, I would be moving away but it still hurts and, yes, I'm being selfish about it but I can't help it, I'm only being human and after everything that happened to me, Jessica was the closest to me besides Crystal and she was there for me even though I could not tell her the whole story... and what makes it worse is that so far, I like Aneliya.

#

I was sitting wide awake on my bed, thinking through all that happened, it seemed like just yesterday everything happened. Crystal, Anthony and I used to meet every year without fail and we always got into mischief, we were so happy and I was so open and confident around them, not like I am at home, so closed off and into my own mind. I remember how Anthony used to hold me close to him and kiss me whenever we had a chance to alone and it made me feel so special and loved, we had our fights but nothing so severe where we could not come back from, everything felt so right, even the stupid fights couldn't bring down my mood when I was with him but now when I think of how I lost him, it just takes my breath away and my chest burns in agony, my dreams are turned upside down and engulfed in flames and Crystal and Anthony are in there. I feel like I was burnt along with them and all I am now is who I pretend to be. Sometimes I can still feel them, at the edge of my consciousness but when I reach for them, they are gone. I often wonder where we would be if they were still here, where they souls are and if they are waiting for me... why they had to go and leave me. The only thing I have other than the memories are the scar's I received that day and it is shrouded in darkness. I looked up to the picture of all of us, Crystal and I were grinning like fools with a humorful expression, standing together with a bucket of ice water that we just uploaded on Tayler and Anthony who stood in shock and a mischievous expression that at the time, we did not know... Tayler was Crystals than a boyfriend who had no sense of humor who had an angry and stubborn face, set in a permanent ugly scowl and through this and other mischievous deeds that we pulled, ended their relationship, but it was for the best.