Chapter 4

Mostly everyone that is in school knows how it is to hate the early morning and to perform as the perfect pet, like a dog being trained so they will be able to live, you always wish for it to all end fast but now Andrea is on the other side with the small percentage that wishes school could go on... she now dreads the end of school and again it is all because of Zackery! It has been a, well not lovely but manageable one and a half years and now it all seems to be changing, we both agreed to forget about each other and that worked in a way, even when they shared a school together but that was accepted because it was because of protection but now because of that stupid project, she and he must rekindle their relationship. She always thought he hated her and in truth it was kind of her fault he was involved and every time she saw him, she was filled with grief so strong that it seemed her heart would burst from the weight of it all and so she avoided that feeling by avoiding anything with him and when her friends were developing a crush on him, she did the only thing to keep him away and till this day, the rumors remain as he took the persona of a bad boy.

She was the only one in class and she did not want to move, her heart was thundering and a storm was in her, her blood was like a river that continued to flow and struck lightning in her brain, with a jolt she was thrown into the barn and she could smell the hay and the bad odor wafting from a horse facility. She could hear the grunt, whinny, exhale and scraping of the floor noise the horses were making and she moved closer, knowing that he would be there waiting for her and he was, he saw her and gave out a brilliant smile that just took her breath away, she was so lucky to have him. He has his black hair cut into a military hairstyle and that just took you to his hazel brown eyes and his amazing dimpled smile, he pulled Lucinda and she saw what plans he had for today as she was all ready to ride. Lucinda was a mare (female horse) that she chose when she first came here with him, she has been in love with horses ever since she was a kid. Andrea always wanted to take riding lessons but it was too expensive and there were hardly any stables from where she is so naturally when she came to visit her cousin, she begged to go since they had one so close by, plus it was way cheaper, but with the training they do, they are sore at the end that going horseback is the last thing you want to do so one day she snuck off with her cousin and they just went to take a walk around and bumped into him and to Andrea's shock, he knew Crystal! But she did not seem to be interested and after introduction, they ran home. Andrea could still remember the tiny smile he passed her way with a wink and she was lost from that moment, she just never knew it.

I woke from my daydream when I felt a hand on my shoulder "miss, school has finished and if you do not want to be stuck here, I'd get out before they close the gates" I got up with my heart beating in panic and a little dazed but packed my things and thanked the janitor and left with a hollow heart, I miss them and it hurts so much, I can feel that I'm starting to tear up and I had to blink it away before I start weeping for the memory of a life gone by.

She was just out of the school gates when they started closing, if the janitor did not find her, she would have been stuck until the janitor finished. For some reason, she thought the roads would be quiet but this is the busiest time and it felt overwhelming when she had just come from school, which were deserted for the time being. Andrea was almost to the library and wondered what he thought of her coming late, did he think she was avoiding him? Did he leave? She hoped he left but as it turns out, luck is not on her side. He was seated at the corner table and he was reading to his daughter, it was quite adorable and she could not disturb that bubble so she sat on another table facing them and rested her head on her hands and just watched them. She could not, not be affected by this; the way she could block it out. Not after having a memory flash so soon. She wonders what he would think or do right now and wished he was still with her, that her cousin was still with her. It was all her fault, why did she have to prove herself? They were all so young and it was not allowed for them to go solo on any mission but her need to prove herself was so great and they paid the price of it that day and she and Zackery, every day from thereafter.

Does Zackery think about then or does he block it all out, and like she does, he must relive it all now? To think back, she was so different with her cousin and friends in America then when she was here, it felt like that was who she was meant to be and now with it all gone, she cannot think about who she wants to be because it just haunts her every waking moment and her dream world too. The only people to know who she was were her family and cousin's friends but they are all grieving in America and Zackery is the only one involved with the incident that changed everything and was with her now; but they had a pact to keep out of each other's way but that too is all changing now. They could be in the same class and they can go on like the other isn't there but this is the first time they had to work together and it forces them to acknowledge each other after years of struggling to forget.

Andrea seemed to have fallen asleep watching Zackery and his kid while thinking things over. When Zackery noticed her for the first time after he finished reading for Ciara. He called his mother to check whether she was fine to take Ciara home before she starts her daily dosage of drinking and drugs in their absence and hopes that she would not forget to look after Ciara. Zackery is fed up with the way things turned out and he wished he was in the right mind to have stopped it a year and a half ago or even now though it seems a bit too late for that and all he could do was look after his little sister when his mom couldn't and hope for Ciara's sake, she wouldn't go overboard with the drinking and drugs like she did with him and made him look after himself in the process. It is understandable after everything she's been through but it was not right because she was an adult and she has two children to look after and because of Ciara, he manages to stay away more often so as not to bring her over again... besides, she was not the only one who lost him and it is unfair of her to hate him one minute and love him another because he looks like him. Zackery heard his mother's car horn and peeked out to see her and let Ciara go and watched nothing happened to her as she got into the car. She hugged and kissed Ciara and Zackery envied her for that then shrugged it off and went back inside to deal with Andrea.