Part 24

Danny

"Ok Danny, are you ready? Everyone is waiting for you." Zeleka gives us a warm smile.

I look at Madeline who gives me a nervous smile.

"It will be ok. If anything just let me know and I'll help you get out of there."

"Ok, but let me get a couple of minutes to myself."

I give her a calming hug leaving her by herself.

I follow Zeleka down the hall. Just hours ago there was blood and corpses laying around. Now it looks like nothing ever happened. The windows where fixed.

Just below the stairs I can hear commotion, everyone waiting for me. I hear a deep voice coming from below the stairs. I move around to see better. Raphael is standing there talking to a beautiful girl.

He looks up and smiles at me. I calm my nerves and ignore him.

I start to descend the stairs, I can feel a couple of eyes on me.

I walk towards the big double doors where there is a giant ballroom. The floor made of black marble. It looks like you are dancing on a mirror. The walls a beautiful shade of beige.

Everyone's eyes is on me. Ares stands at my side, we walk forward, everyone clapping and cheering.

We make our way to the center of the room. Everyone circling around us.

"Thank you everyone for coming here, today was a good day, but it's not over! There are still more out there wanting war. They will attack again. We have to be prepared. We cannot show fear, and above all we must all work together! Men and woman. Demon and demoness." I finish my speech and everyone is cheering. Glasses clinging together. The happiness flowing through me.

A lot of people walk towards me giving me their appreciation and their loyalty. Some even their blessing. During sometime Madeline appeared. She stud next to Eric for a while talking to him.

I smiled at them. Oh right I need to talk to him.

Madeline makes her way towards me asking me for some time alone. I walk behind her. We reach a very secluded space. She is in tears.

"Madeline whats wrong?" She has pain in her eyes.

"I am sorry." It's all she can say.

"Madeline why are you sorry, it's ok! Don't be sorry. Come here." I pull her into a hug. She sobs on my shoulder. She pulls away tears falling down her cheeks.

"Please forgive me." She says. I am confused. I don't understand what's going on. I then feel a sharp pain on my stomach. I feel like my breath is stuck on my throat. I look down and see a knife there on my stomach. I can feel the warm flow of my blood. I look back up at Madeline who is crying and apologizing for what she did.

My mind is screaming for my baby!

My baby!

My unborn baby!

I fall to the ground. The last thing I see is Madeline running. Giving me one last look. Pain in her eyes. She grabs her chest and runs until I can no longer see her. My vision is blocked by running feet, my ears ringing with screams of others. Seeing Ares before he picks me up. With another sharp pain going through me I black out.