Part 33

"I know you feel horrible but we have to hurry up and find your parents. Nicholas told me where they are. If you would have stop either him or Lucifer would have taken them." Me and Raphael have been walking for hours. My heart breaking each step I take away from Madeline.

We left her with the one man she was afraid of. I promise to protect her, and I failed her.

I failed everyone, but this are my parents. They never gave me up. They where trying to rescue me from Ares.

Until Ares discovered their plan and killed them. They even had the church come and get me once I turned eighteen, and Ares cane before then.

He is a monster. A fucking monster.

I thought he had a heart. I thought he loved me, but he is just a selfish bastard. Now I see why God threw him out of heaven.

"I promised her nothing was going to happen to her." I cried.

"Some promises can't be kept." Raphael puts his arm around me. Holding me tight. I look at him.

"Did you see her eyes. They where lifeless." I sob into his arm.

"She is fighting with herself. She is hurt. She'll be ok. We must hurry and save your parents and then we will make sure that we save Madeline again." Raphael says.

"How do we know we will get there in time."

"We don't, we just hope."

We walked for hours. We met with many demons and monsters. We had to cross te ranging river of lava.

But the horror of seeing humans crying and screaming is petrifying. They cried for help. They cursed us for not helping. I wanted to help.

"Don't feel for them. All of this are rapists and murders. None of them deserve your kindness." I turned my head away and kept walking. The heat of the fire making me sweat, plus the walking wasn't helping much.

I was feeling faint and hungry.

"How far is it where we are going?" I ask Raphael.

"It's going to take us a while longer. Do you need to rest? You look tired, and hot. Come let's find some shelter for you."

"No we have to keep going to reach my parents."

"Danny, you I can see you, you look tired and worn out. You just learned about your parents." Raphael tries to take my arm and take me away from our trail.

"No! We can't stop now." He looks at me all angry. He curses under his breath. Leans in next to.

"I am sorry, but this is for your own good." He puts his hand on my shoulder. Making my world turn dark.

"Danny, would you like to play with me?" A voice so sweet says to me.

Why is that voice so familiar?

"Yes come play." Huh? Who is that?

I look around and see my little sweet Cassie and Freya. They are both sitting down on green fresh cut grass. A beautiful pink blanket underneath them. With beautiful flowers all around them.

Freya was holding a small white tea cup, while Cassie was holding a tea pot on her right hand and offering me a tea cup with her left hand.

I walk towards them and seat with them. I look around this place. It's beautiful. The blue skies have no cloud yet the breeze was nice and warm on my skin. The trees around us full of flowers and fruit. This place is majestic.

"How is this possible?" I ask them.

"We don't know, we just woke up here. This place is so great. There's others here too. It's like heaven." Freya says.