Part 34

After eating and being able to rest, Raphael, Jade and I made our way. We passed the giant lava full of screaming humans. The heat was unbearable, but I managed to keep going.

My mind was on my sweet Madeline. I miss her and I just wish I knew she was ok.

Not knowing is killing me. That asshole took the perfect opportunity to grab her and do whatever he liked with her.

I hate this so much.

"Look out." Jade grabs my arm, and pulls me in with force. My whole body clashes with her I fall on top of her. She rolls over my body under hers.

She stands up and crouches over my body. I look around her and see Ares standing majestically with Madeline on his arms.

I get up and run to him.

"Madeline!" He then pulls her away from me and and puts a knife on her throat. Raphael grabs me and pulls me to him.

"You bastard let her go!" I scream.

"Lucifer what are you doing?" Raphael says.

"Danny come with me, and she'll live." Ares says.

"What? What are you doing?" I scream.

"Danny come with me, forget your parents." Ares says once again.

"What are you hiding? There must be a reason why you don't want her to get her parents. There must be a reason why you chose her. What's going on?" Jaded speaks out.

This isn't like Ares. He looks way to weak, but Jade is right. What is he hiding? Why is he acting like this?

"Lucifer stop this." Raphael says. "If you kill her or even stand in between her parents she will despise you forever. She already hate you. You have betrayed her many times. Don't make another mistake."

Ares stares at me, his face changing expression. He looks at Raphael with anger. His gaze stops at me, his expression softens and saddens at the same time.

He opens up his mouth and then closes it.

"Danny, God had a sister. She was much more powerful than God. More beautiful, gentle and amazing. Her name was Nyx. God was very jealous of her. Everyone loved her more. I fell in love with her, but one night God and Nyx got into a fight. Destroying everything in their path. Until he killed her. Thousands of years pass by. Until one day she came back. She reincarnated in you Danny. That is why you have powers and I somehow knew it was Nyx in Alice. God has been trying to get rid of you. The church was going to kill you. That is why I took you first. Danny. You have God like powers, because You are Nyx reincarnated."

Ares revelation shocked me to the core. This isn't real. This can't be true.

"Then why don't you want me with my parents?" I ask him.

"Because they'll teach you how to get out of here. You'll be gone. You will leave me." Ares says.

I look at him in the eyes. The intense blue eyes that made me fall in love. Once upon a time.

I look at Raphael. Did he know?

As if he read my mind he looks at me and shakes his head.

"Ares, you have betrayed me, but taking my parents away from me. It's...it's something I will never forgive. If you kill Madeline I will somehow destroy your heart." I tell him. His eyes become angry.

He then jams his knife in Madeline's throat. I let out a scream. As her body drops to the floor. She clutches her throat. Piles of blood coming out of her mouth. Her voice gurgling.