Chapter 7: "I Only Like Cuddling With You."

status: unedited

status: unedited

▪ ♡ ▪ ♡ ▪ ♡ ▪ ♡ ▪ ♡ ▪ ♡ ▪ ♡ ▪ ♡ ▪

One week later...

The alarm clock's annoying ringing breaks through my sleep. Raising my hand, I slap the snooze button before rolling out of bed to get dressed.

Once ready for the day, I nudge Five to help him wake up. "Five, it's time to get up," I say in a sing-song voice. He groans and reaches his arms out, grabbing me and pulling into the bed with him. I shriek slightly and collapse into a fit of giggles.

For a moment we just stay like that, tangled up under the warmth of the blanket, oblivious to anything but each other's presence.

I boop his nose to help him get up and threaten "I'll turn into Allison and rumour you into waking up." He nearly pushes me off the bed. "Hey! What was that for?", I scold in mock anger. He mumbles something tiredly. "I didn't hear you," I chuckle. "I said I wouldn't want to snuggle with Number Three. I only like cuddling you." Five repeats matter-of-factly.

I giggle, hug him and order him to go get ready. A few minutes later, we walk down to breakfast together.

After a tough day of training, its finally break time. We have one hour and I decide to spend half of it with one of the others and half with Five. Eventually I decide to spend it with Vanya, because she generally sits alone in her room. Also, I have no idea where Five is.

I sneak into her room and perch on her bed, listening to the mellifluous sound of her violin playing. Her eyes are shut and her fingers dance across the strings like ballerinas.

After her song ends, she opens her eyes slowly, stifling a scream when she sees me. I immediately stand up and start clapping. I even put two fingers to my mouth and whistle sharply.

"What are you doing here?", she asks me nervously. "Just wanted to hang out with you," I reply with a grin. She stares at me incredulously and I smile innocently.

"Well, I've only got half an hour and if you don't want me here I'll leave," I drawl with a flip of my h/cd h/c hair , attempting to leave the room. "No, wait! Let's do it," she stops me.

"So... what do people usually talk about while 'hanging out'?" I feel bad for Vanya because nobody ever talks to her besides me and sometimes Five and Reginald Hargreeves is constantly putting her down. "Have you read any good books lately?", I query happily.

Half an hour passes in a flash. We were so busy gossiping, laughing and enjoying each others company that we lost track of time. "I guess I better get back to practice now," Vanya mutters sadly. "Don't worry, Vans. You're my best girlfriend! With a space between the words of course," I reassure her before snickering. I wave goodbye to her just as she picks up her violin.

I stroll down the corridor, about to head to Five and my shared room. Pogo couldn't find any constructors to build only a new bedroom and so I was permanently installed in Five's bedroom.

As I walk, I suddenly feel an arm grab me and pull me into the room. "Woah!" I get into a fighting stance, ready to attack this person only to have revealed to be...

"Ben?" "Yep," he nods. The strangeness of the situation kicks in. "What was that for? I nearly punched you where the sun don't shine," I push him lightly. He winces but mutters "I have something to show you, Y/N. Come to the gym."

I am tempted to decline, but from the look on his face I can tell it's something important. I agree and the two of us walk to the gym.

At the training area, he slowly takes off his jacket. "Woah, woah, woah! What are you doing?!", I freak out, confused.

He raises his hands in a gesture of surrender and quickly blushes "It's not what it looks like! Please, just bear with me." Hesitantly, I nod an okay.

He rips open the front of his shirt with an expression of pain and sadness. Huge tentacles worm their way out of it and wriggle around the room, all while attached somehow to his stomach.

I fall back onto the floor in shock. Glancing at Ben, I notice his eyes are shut tight in concentration. After a minute or two he buttons up his jacket, sealing the creature inside.

He turns to me, and I can see tears trickling down his face. I run to him and he leans his head on my shoulder. "I'm a monster! I hate myself," he sobs.

I pull him into a tight hug, stroking his back and whispering words of comfort. "Ben. Listen to me. You are wonderful the way you are. Your power is incredible! You're clearly the most powerful among us besides Five." He sniffs once and looks at me, "You really think I'm just as strong as Five?" "Of course! Although Five might be slightly stronger than you," I grin.

"I can live with that," Number Six smiles, wiping away his tears with his jacket. Softly, he whispers a final thank you into my ear and leaves the gym. I sit on the gym floor, astonished by what I had just seen. So that's what Ben had been hiding the past week.

I stroll out of the training area, hoping to go and find Five to relax with. As I exit the room, I feel something crunch under my foot. Lifting up my shoe, I see a plant stalk. Glancing around me, I see a bunch of flower petals, evidently torn away from the stem. Instinctively I can tell this is Five's handiwork.

Five, why would you do this?