broke

Lance didn't text me that day, or the next, or the next.
On the 4th day I tried to call but there was no answer. I left a message "hey I feel awful about the fight, please let's talk? I need you right now." 
Around the afternoon Lance called my phone, "what Xiomara?" he sounded cold, did he know?
I asked how he'd been,
"Seriously Xiomara is that why you called?"
I felt a sudden ache in my chest
"No... I'm sorry. The fight got out of hand and I've been a real bitch."
Lance was quiet for a minute. "You think that's why I'm mad at you?" I held my breath for the next part.
"Xiomara I fucking saw you. I went to the club hoping I'd find you there and check on you, and I saw you flirting with that pervert and ordering drinks with him."
The ache was starting to burn.
"It wasn't really like that. I didn't want him. I just wanted a drink and he was an easy picking."
His next words hurt, big time.
"Why should I believe that? You claim not to trust people but maybe you're part of the problem. What exactly do I mean to you? I'm starting to think, nothing. And whatever is going on in your life that makes you like this I hope you figure it out."
"Lance.."
"Don't"
"Please wait-"
Quiet on the other end.
I blurted out "Lance he raped -"
But he had already hung up the phone.