Family

I think I let out a strangled sound, something between a hiccup and a sob, put the phone down, I felt like I'd collapse if I didn't lay down. I sank into the covers on my bed, cried for myself, for Lance, for this afternoon, for what I've just lost. I hated myself. I hated Eli for what he could've done. I hated Lance for not listening to what I had to say about any of it. I'd accidently left the door open, mom came in followed by dad and they sat on the bed next to me, I sat up and let them gather me in a hug, I can't remember the last time we all hugged together, "what happened, baby?" mom asked gently and dad stroked my hair, I couldn't explain the whole thing. They'd want to call the police. "I.. I did something really bad mom..."
I sputtered through my tears "now I don't think Lance will ever forgive it." Dad pulled me to his chest and I cried until I had no tears left. "Don't underestimate him. But don't underestimate yourself either... you have a strength all of your own and Lance or no Lance you're gonna do something with it babygirl"
Dad and me didn't end up leaving until the next morning, we all stayed together like this for a while, and then I awoke to them talking through the thin wall. I wonder what hole I just opened up.