Kappa Delta

The night is quiet, the total opposite of what's going on in our minds. We spent an hour looking for the three girls. At first we tried to stay calm and thought that maybe they just went to the store, or got some fresh air in the rooftop, but we've search all the places they could have been and we're still empty handed.

Lisa is pacing non-stop and suggests that we revisit the places we've been through but I convinced her to rest for a while. Well, I'm resting, sitting on the gutter of a sidewalk while Lisa is walking back and fort in front of me, she's making me dizzy.

Of course I'm worried, non of them are answering or replying to our messages. I'm even considering calling Uncle Kim, Jisoo's Dad, but I'm saving that for a life and death situation. I just need to sit and think for a while.

"Maybe they left us. Moved to a new dorm or something." Lisa bites her thumb's nail.

"Yeah right." I chuckled, hoping that it makes the mood lighter.

"Maybe they hate me and left."

"Hey Manoban, chill. They don't hate you." Yup, a weak attempt to comfort someone. But to be fair, I just spoke the truth. This situation is odd and a lot of things can explain the disappearance, but I'm sure it's not because they hate Lisa.

"Then why did they leave?" Lisa said in a slightly higher volume. Her eyes glistening, full of unshed tears, emotions showing.

Thightening my lips and observing the younger lady, I think there's more going on in her mind. She's usually aloof and clingy, espesially to Jisoo. But now that the three are missing, she's acting strange. I've known Jisoo for a long time and I should be the one panicking, not Lisa who met her only a few months ago.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"They left me! Just like everyone else." Her first statement is a shout, but the following words decreases into a whisper.

"I don't know where that came from l, but I know Jisoo and she won't leave anyone with that shallow reason. And I'm sure Chae and Jennie would do the same." My voice calm and controlled. It has to be, or else it won't be convincing.

"I know." Lisa rubs her palms on her face.

I stand up next to her and pat her back, the only soothing gesture I know. "Let me tell you a story about Jisoo, but don't tell her that I did."

This picked Lisa's attention and peeks an eye to me. "I'm listening."

I guide us back to sit on the gutter, we really need to rest and calm down. I act on instinct and it tells me that Lisa can be trusted with this information. It's not that big of a secret, but Jisoo is just embarassed about this memory.

"When we were kids, Jisoo had a bestfriend." I start and now Lisa's full attention is on me, her head resting on her knees. "He's the son of the friend of Jisoo's dad who is a business partner to one of the--"

"What?" Lisa scrunches her face.

I chuckle. "Kidding." I said, but really, I'm not good in telling stories. "So this besfriend of hers, they were partners-in-crime. Inseparable. But I never liked that kid. He's too goody goody. Eventually, you know, childhood friends that grew up together usually becomes..." Oh this is embarassing for Jisoo. But too late to turn back now. "more than friends." I side glanced at Lisa, she's pouting. "That was way back in high school and also the time that I began really hating the guy. He gets all Jisoo's time, not making her go out with friend. Not letting her have guy friends. Telling her what to wear and want not to wear. How to act in public. It's really hell. But in the eyes of their parents, they're the perfect match."