The in-laws

[ELLIE POV]

It's almost evening, just after the golden hour. Everyone is either packing up or going home. Rosé and Jennie is all lovey dove beside me while Jisoo and Lisa have this new awkward air between them. Usually they're at each others throat by now, but at this moment they keep glancing at each other and looking away immediately when they get caught. They even walk with a foot space between them. This is so frustrating.

"Babe, did you know that you have to eat me every day?" Wow. Did Rosé just say that?

"Aw babe, I'd do that even without you saying. But why'd you bring it up?" Jennie said.

Choke. I choke on my own saliva. Why are they like this?

"Because an apple a day keeps the doctor away." Really Rosé? you guys went from hot to not. But that doesn't matter because Jennie found it adorable. Seriously?

I want to just leave these two couples and go back to the dorm. But we're going to meet their parents but the school park. That's right, all the elites and their parents in one place. Guess I'm stuck here for now, it can't get any worse... right?

"Ellie!" Joy's annoying high pitched voice said, nearly damaging my eardrums. She ran by my side and linked arms.

So it can get worse.

The four elites greeted her and she return it with her beaming smile.

"Where are you going?" Joy asked.

"Park." I answered.

"Yes?" She asked.

"Park."

"Kim."

"Why'd you call my surname?"

"Because you're calling my surname."

"Oh my gosh, Joy." I grunt in yet another frustrating scenario. "We're going to the park. I wasn't calling your name." I face palmed. What am I going to do?

"Oh. can I come?" She grins.

"You'll come even if I said 'No'" I said.

"Yup!" She looks at Lisa and Jisoo then turns to me. "What's their deal?"

"Just some awkward teenage romance."

"Cute."

"I have a question. Did you really kill a man?"

"Yup. Lots of them." She said nonchalantly.

"How?" I may be a bit scared by this time.

"With my beautiful face."

Ah, seriously, this woman. I think I'm having a headache.

**********

Four of the most elegant married couples stand at the centre of the park, the cherry blossoms falling down. It's as if I'm watching a live tv drama series.

"Here comes our princesses." One of the men said.

"Dad!" Jennie runs to his open arms.

The Parents catches up with their daughters. All four of the parents are good friends of each other. I heard they all went to different places before their daughters were born, that's why the elite foursome didn't know each other until now.

"Hey Ellie!" Uncle said after they caught up with Jisoo. As always, we did our signature handshake. Since my father left us early, Uncle had been the father figure for me. Jisoo's family is like my own.

"Whoa, I want that too." Lisa said.

"Come here dear, I'll teach you." Uncle proceeds in teaching her.