Play or be played

[ELLIE POV]

It's hard to concentrate when you're talking to Jennie dressed as one of Snow White's dwarfs. But I have to say, she is fitting for her role as Grumpy.

"Ellie!" She snaps her fingers in front of me. "Eyes here." She points at her face.

"I'm sorry. what's the plan?" I asked.

"I already talked to Sehun. He wi—"

"Wait. Who's Sehun?"

"The one who will originally play the role of the prince."

"So?" I asked, confused.

"He will ditch the role and Lisa will play as the prince." Jennie smirks. Ma, I'm scared.

"Okay." I dragged on the words longer than it should. Then something caught my eye, like someone passed behind us. I turn and look behind the curtains, nothing.

"What's that?" Jennie asked.

"Nothing. I thought I saw something." I answered. Then Rosé comes in dressed as I don't know what the hell that is. "Who are you supposed to be?" I asked.

"I'm the apple!" She stretches her arms to further elaborate her costume.

"Apple of my eye." Jennie said in an alluring voice.

So I did what anyone would do, I separated them before they do something that shouldn't be done in public. "Break it up you two. You can do that in the dorm, not now."

"EY YO!" Lisa barges in the dressing room and joins us.

"Do I look okay?" Jisoo comes in wearing her Snow White costume, she smoothens the fringes then looks expectantly at us.

We all echo our wows, but Lisa's speechless. her jaw drops enough for Luca to crawl in it.

"Looks like Jisoo's bow is skewed." Rosé said, or should I say whispered, to Lisa. But the lovestruck girl is still in shock.

"Fix the damn bow." Jennie whispers through gritted teeth then stomps on Lisa's foot. That brought her back to reality.

"May I?" Lisa asked as she approached Jisoo.

I will pretend I didn't see my cousin blush and tuck her hair behind her ear a little too sheepishly.

"Sure." Jisoo answered.

Lisa reaches for the red bow on Jisoo's head, fixing it even though nothing was originally wrong with it. I should say that this process is excruciatingly slow. It's like I'm watching a slowmo video. And this moment would have taken longer if Wendy hadn't reminded Jisoo of the play.

"Jisoo, you're up in 5." Wendy said.

"I'll be there. Thank you." Jisoo replied.

"I'll be watching you, Unnie. You look beautiful, as always." Lisa said.

"You better cheer your heart out Limario." Jisoo winks at Lisa. Ew.

As the two actors and an apple are leaving, Jennie whispered to me, "Goodluck."

Oh I will.

A few minutes later and halfway through the play, I have been running all over the whole auditorium but I still can't find it.

"Eagle 1, how's it going?" Rosé sounds through my earpiece/airpods.

"Not good, Eagle 2." I whispered.

"What do you mean, Eagle 1?"

"Lisa's missing."

**********