Totem Pole

[JISOO POV]

I know I should probably cheer for Rosé, but all I see how near Nancy is to Lisa. She looks like she doesn't even know how to hold a ball, more so dribble it or shoot. She asks Lisa to teach her everything. At least Chae looks like she's having fun and has basic skills for his try outs, even though Jen cheers as if it's the championship and every shoot is the winning shot.

I don't know why I even care or why I'm affected with Lisa teaching Nancy. So what if she touches her arms and hands while showing her the correct posture of shooting? So what if they're basically just inches apart? Doesn't bother me at all.

"You okay?" Ellie asked.

"Yeah." I said in my most nonchalant voice.

"Did you just growl at me?" Ellie said.

"No."

"You just did."

"Did not."

"Why are you looking at Lisa like that?"

"Like what?"

"Like you wanna kill her."

"Am not."

"Okay."

"Seriously."

"Yeah I heard you."

Ugh! Why is Ellie like this? I'm totally fine and not angry at all.

"What's that?" Jennie asked Ellie.

"Jisoo trying to convince me that she's not jealous."

"I'm not!" I protested but they acted like they didn't hear me.

"Did it work?" Jennie asked.

"Nope." Ellie answered. I'll remember to kill these two later.

Later on, they're going to play a games against each other. each team has three newbies and two players. It's good that Lisa and Nancy are in opposing teams. Or so I thought.

The whistle blows like a missile signaling the start of the game. At first it's fun but it all changed when this girl, let's hide her under the name of Nancy, keep rubbing her body against Lisa when she's guarding her. You can clearly see Lisa's discomfort but she just keeps on doing it. She doesn't even know the rules of the game. At least I have a background on basketball because I played 2K20.

I tried to focus on Lisa instead. As she waits on the other side of the court for the opposing team, she searches my direction, smiling when she sees me. She waved and I was about to wave back when someone slammed into her. They both fell to the ground. And yes, you guessed it, it's Nancy.

The crowd's cheers went silent. Everyone is just looking at them, waiting. It's probably just been seconds, but it felt like hours. Lisa is too shocked to move. When I thought we couldn't be more shocked, Nancy pecked Lisa's lips.

That's it. I'm done. I went here to cheer for my friends, not witness someone openly flirt with them, so I stand up and leave. Before I turn my back to the court, I saw Lisa's shocked eyes at me. I don't care. I just left.

The cool breeze of the night surprised me as I step outside.

"Stupid Lisa." I whispered to myself.

I heard someone call my name, I don't have to look back to know who it was because I already do. So I ignore it and continue to walk. But this person keeps on calling my name, I hear her footsteps getting nearer. Then a strong hand grabbed me by the arm and spun me around.