Quitting

"Mark."

"Hm?" The latter hummed, not looking up from his book. They were doing Mark's homework after eating lunch that Jackson cooked for them. "Who's Daniel?" His hands stop, he looks up at the elder. "How do you know him?"

"Jinyoung." Mark nods and continues doing his work. "What did Hyung tell you about him?"

"He said something about you losing him but he told me to ask you myself if I want to know more." Mark sigh and put down his pen before he shifted his gaze out of the window. 

"He was my dad. Well, we are not blood-related as he took me in when I was 13, on the street, dying. He... I could say that he brought me to life once again. He owned a cafe and everyone there accepted me as his son. He gave me love, family and happiness. He treats me well as if I'm his biological son. I was so happy that I didn't realize everything has its ends." He looks at Jackson with a sad smile. 

"Just when I thought life is actually way more beautiful than how I thought it was, everything fell apart. He left me last July, the cafe didn't work out properly until it was forced to closed down and everyone left me alone...except Jinyoung Hyung. He has been staying close to me. Maybe he doesn't show up often but I know he has always been there making sure I was fine. All the groceries and paid bill that was left in front of my door would always remind me that I wasn't alone. But of course, I didn't rely on him completely because I know he has his own life too." He wipes his wet eyes with the back of his hand.

Jackson stands up from his seat and kneels down beside Mark. He brought the smaller into his warm embrace which the younger gladly falls right in it. "I'm sorry that I made you remember those painful memories again." He rubs the other's back softly. 

Mark pulls away and looks at him, smiling. "Nah I really want to tell you everything about me one day but I don't know how. I want to open up to you because I know that, you won't leave me like how they did right?"

"Mark you can just tell me whatever you want whenever. I'll always be here to listen to you. I'll always be here to catch you when you fall." He pats the redhead softly which the latter smiles in return.

______________________________________________________________

Night came. Mark walked past Jackson in the living room and put his shoes on, ready to go out. "Where are you going?" Jackson asks, approaching the redhead. "I'm going to the bar for a while." Jackson frown at that. "I thought I told you to quit."

"That's why I'm going now, Jackson."

"Then let me go with you, it's dangerous." Before he could say anything Jackson already went upstairs to get his jacket.

_______________________________________________________________

"How should I say it to him?" Mark mumbles to himself. "Who?" Jackson asks, looking at the redhead for a second before looking back at the road. "My manager, he has been helping me out so much. I feel guilty to tell him that I'm quitting."

"I can talk to him for you."

"What no. That would be too heartless."

"Just tell him what you think as long as you mean it from your heart. I'm sure he would understand you." Mark nods and looks out of the window.

______________________________________________________________

They get out of the car and enter the bar through the front door with Mark showing the guards his working ID. But actually, even without him doing so, they would know him, Mark Tuan, with the highest rate at Serene. 

"He's with me." He told the guards, then they open the door letting them enter. "Mark you're late today. Manager-nim is waiting for you in his room." Rose came to them. "I'm not here to work today rose. I'm quitting."