𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 : 1

Smoke, painfully nestled itself in the air. Everything was rayless, dark and cold. The only thing that would ever remind you of the world that used to exist was the snow, crunchy and soft, that rested upon the ground beneath your small, bare feet. Flashes of yesterday pulsed through your mind, bombs, fire and screams of help had spread so far, that the hold country could hear. The only light was the fire that came off the large buildings, mercilessly falling onto the cracked roads. However, there was no longer any country. There was no longer any home sweet home. There was no more happy family.

  The smoke attacked your lungs, choking you with no hesitation, taking you to the afterlife like how it had done to every person you loved and called dear. Nearly, every person you loved dearly. There was still a small, helpless shimmer of hope that desperately fought it's way through. That glimmer of hope, was your big brother, who lived in a country that was ruled by the one who had done this to you. That monster.

  However, your cloudy sight snapped into pitch black darkness. Your heart skipped a beat in panic, and as your eyes snapped open once again, no longer did you see the definition of discord.

  Instead, your [E/C] orbs met with the dark brown ceiling of what was now your home. Your last resort from all the pain in the past. The sound of children laughing, adults conversing and birds singing flooded into your ears. The smell of warm, vegetable soup attracted your nose, causing your entire head to turn over to the side.

  Your eyes softened at the sight before you, seeing your older brother sat by your bedside. He had fairly pale skin with a slight tan to it, cloudy grey eyes like a stormy night and snowy white hair that stopped right above his shoulders at a clean cut. He wore a vibrant orange tunic with black embroidery mixing in beautifully. Thick black cloth tied around this tunic, hugging his abdominal muscles tightly, as black shorts peeked through the bottom of his tunic. He wore light wooden sandals that tapped pleasingly against the hardwood floor at a slow yet steady tempo. In his hands was a plainly white, porcelain bowl full of his enticing vegetable soup. Anybody could easily detect that you both looked nothing alike and that was due to the fact he was adopted, but you loved him the same.

  "Here's breakfast," He began, greeting you this morning with he same soft smile as he always did. "You were having that nightmare again. I made something easy and calming to eat so you can calm down a bit." He says, softly placing the porcelain bowl onto the dark, wooden bedside table that rested next to your bed.

  "Thank you, Kai. It smells delicious.." You respond gratefully, picking up the cheap and thin metal soup that relaxed itself in the soup. You raise a spoonful of Kai's infamous soup to your lips, being greeted with the usual warm and delicious family recipe that Kai had memorised and practised for so long.

  "No problem, it's my pleasure. I'll be downstairs in the workshop, I have to add some finishing touches to my submission to the competition." Kai says nervously, sighing. He looks up to the ceiling, staring off into space. "I poured my heart and soul into it, so I hope the emperor chooses me as the victor." Kai mumbles dreamily before resting his hands upon his upper knee and standing up. "Wish me luck!" He exclaims hopefully before hurrying his way out your bedroom, his loud thumping footsteps still being heard as he rushed down the thin stairway of the cheap, rickety and old house you both owned.

  You stared at the soup, remembering the competition Kai had entered. It was a special competition held by the Emperor himself to find a suitable new tailor. Tens of thousands of people had entered, yet only the best of the best would be picked out by fashion experts and given to the Emperor for the final picking. Then, the winning tailor who created the outfit for the emperor would be with no doubt, showered with riches of all kinds and would be granted prosperity and fame for the rest of their lives. Sadly however, women were not allowed to join. They were seen as dolls who could only model fashion but could never really know how to properly make a fine outfit from scratch.