𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 : 22

Warning! This chapter contains sexual conversation in a part of the chapter. I will put a [] at the beginning

and the end of this part of the chapter in case anybody wishes to skip past it.

I'd like to thank NoviArt on Quotev for making this week's beautiful fan art of Octavi and for always leaving interesting comments and theories in the comment section

I'd like to thank NoviArt on Quotev for making this week's beautiful fan art of Octavi and for always leaving interesting comments and theories in the comment section. I hope you all enjoy this chapter.

The sun slowly set in the kingdom of Intuuin as you sat at the peaceful window sill of the Emperor's room. He had demanded it of you to share a room with him - especially since you were now his beloved consort. You sighed at the orange skies melting into a dark blue hue as the day gradually faded away from your sight. The sun was leaving through the faraway horizons, leaving you once again. The lockdown was over, yet freedom was still out of your reach.

Your hands gripped tightly onto the clothing of your dress, desperate for some sort of consolation. You had to admit that you had a crush on the Emperor ever since you first laid eyes on him but then again, just about any woman who saw him did as well. The young Emperor had grown through his years into a handsome man; he had aged like fine wine.

The view from the window was breathtaking. The white beaches were not too far from the palace, and a part of the kingdom could be seen. You looked at the lively town of light outside the dark palace walls of which you were now encapsulated in.

You had treated the Emperor poorly, and you could not deny that fact. He had rescued your life twice and risked his own to save Octavi. If anything, you were greatly indebted to him, and the least you could do was be obedient for once in your life. He had said it through his pink lips himself that you were not going to leave.

You had to accept the fact that the palace was now your residence. If anything, it nearly felt like a prison. Your reflection in the window stared back at you questioning whether or not this was the life God had promised you. Was this what the great gods decided as your fate? Was there really no more escape available to you?

You looked away from the window, not wanting to miss your stolen freedom any longer. Surely living in the palace wouldn't be so bad. There were countless rooms to explore, beautiful imports of all sorts of products from every nation in the world, and you knew for a fact that the Emperor was going to spoil you rotten with gifts. You were not the type to fawn over materialistic riches, but perhaps it was time to sell yourself away.

Your [E/C] orbs wandered towards the black telephone placed on a small table near the door of the Emperor's chambers. Perhaps it was time to inform Kai about your engagement to the Emperor. You had put off calling him for a while since things had got so hectic and you didn't want to worry him any more than you already had before.

You took grave footsteps to the telephone, your shaky and resentful hand reaching for the polished phone. Gripping the cold surface of the phone, you raised it to your ear to hear a blank and repetitive 'beep' every second or two.