𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 : 18

Octavi and yourself had spent the whole day together, creating new and beautiful memories. For the final part of your day, Octavi had decided to have dinner with you in your private quarters where the emperor would surely not be able to find the two of you since he most likely thought you would be spending the day with Octavi.

While the two of you had been having the time of your life, the emperor sat at his large, authoritative desk in his royal office, going through parchment after parchment of endless paperwork. There was so much to be done in the absence of two personal assistants that he had barely any time at all to be concerned about you spending too much time with Octavi. Ideally, he would've liked you to rest upon his lap to give him comfort as he powered through his work, trying to do the papers as quickly as he could to be able to cut in and somehow earn your affections once again.

Eli stood by the door, surprised by the emperor. He was usually a cold hard shell; however, now he was so easily offended by your words. Unexpectedly, he had been strangely silent today as if he was too busy mentally fuming at the thought Octavi got to spend so much time with you. Continuing to do his work, scribbling ink onto the parchment paper, he didn't notice Eli clear his throat in a feeble attempt for some attention from the emperor. Eli cleared his throat once more, only to not receive any acknowledgement at all from the emperor for a second time.

"Your majesty," Eli stated clearly, only to continue to be ignored by his master. "It is time for dinner." Eli continued, hoping to earn at least a glance or nod from the monarch.

"Go have dinner without me. I will be finished soon." The emperor responded coldly and in a monotone voice, dismissing Eli from his station.

"If you insist." Eli took the emperor up on his offer and swiftly left his station, exiting from the door. It was already relatively late into the night, and he had been waiting for the emperor to at least take a break from his work so they could enjoy some dinner. Despite this, the emperor had been ravaging through his work ever since you had stormed out of the room and shouted at him for doing nothing when in truth, it was him that saved your dear Octavi. Eli felt pity for the emperor, if only he had told you the truth about him being Octavi's saviour. He thought that the emperor would not want you to know, but it seems as though Eli's plan of action had been incorrect.

You and Octavi were currently sharing a splendid dinner at the coffee table in the centre of your bedroom. You sat upon cushions as chairs would be too high for the low-lying table. You were enjoying a rich chicken broth with balls of rice and thick noddles. It was flavourful and an absolute joy to eat, the taste was on par with Kai's homemade soup from back home.

"Octavi, I have a question." You announced, moving your gaze from the enticing soup to Octavi's figure. You gently placed your spoon down, and Octavi mimicked your movements, stopping in the middle of his meal to listen to your question.

"Yes, go ahead. What is it that you wish to ask of me?" Octavi questioned, his curiosity caged inside.

"If you had one day left to live, what would you do?" You asked, tilting your head with curiosity as to what the young man's answer would be. You had only just realised that you didn't know much about Octavi's likes or dislikes at that and so ; however determined to learn a bit more about the man who had so confidently professed his love to you earlier that day.

"Well..." He pondered for a moment, purple orbs rolling to the ceiling before reverting to you as the answer came to his mind after several moments.

"Ah. I know. I would spend the day with you." Octavi responded listlessly, as though his answer was not a big deal. Did this man not notice what an impact his words could have on you? You blushed at his response, not expecting something so sweet.