𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 : 6

The emperor sat on his throne, a listless expression set upon his face. He was sitting down in the throne room, which was arguably the second grandest room in the palace only to the ballroom. The carpet leading up towards him was made of pure gold and the floors were made of pearly white marble with small hints of gold here and there. Everything seemed to glimmer with beauty and pricelessness, with things from all corners of the world displayed around the room. The walls were a blood red, matching the colour of the emperor's eyes.

  He was already fairly exhausted even if it was only five in the morning because of how many people had actually came so early just to meet him and discuss business matters, for example asking for permission to build certain boutiques, shops and what not. His first assistant stood several meters away, not anywhere near the extravagant throne and carpet. The assistant had slightly tanned skin and eyes that shone like the purest yellow honey, matching his blonde hair quite spectacularly.

  "Your majesty, your grandmother has requested to have breakfast with you." The assistant mentions, before two guards open a large door to the Emperor's left, suggesting that his grandmother was that way. The emperor felt a small twinkle of excitement shiver through his veins yet kept his voice and face quite emotionless.

"Very well then." The emperor replies before standing up and heading towards where he would meet his grandmother. In the meanwhile, his grandmother sat anxiously at the small coffee table with a full Yunoaiunese breakfast prepared in front of her by the finest chefs in the land. She looked over at the wall made entirely of glass, admiring the beautiful garden and the sound of the raindrops against the glass, falling from the greyish blue sky.

  Her head perks up when the emperor walks in, lifting his hand to signal the guards to leave, wishing to chat with his grandmother in private. He sat across from her, a rather delighted smile now settling across his features.

  "Grandmother, you have no duties to attend to. You don't have to wake up so early just to have breakfast with me. I will make time for you if needed." The emperor converses with his grandmother pouring her a cup of jasmine green tea into her small teacup.

  "I know, however I do not wish to interrupt your busy schedule. Besides, I have to speak with you about something." Grandmother responds, a fairly serious look now settled on her face.

  "Of course, what is it you wish to speak with me about?" The emperor questions, a small smile still resting on his beautiful lips that looked as soft as a thousand cushions of silk.

  "You can't take over the world without even appreciating the things that now belong to you. I understand the pain you feel, however you can't release your pain out onto the world. Many others have suffered just as badly, or even more than you have because of the way you've treated them. I know you take over the world for the country and for the people, however I feel like it's wrong." His grandmother strictly informs him. The emperor purses his lips, remembering a sad moment of his childhood at her words.

  "Merry Derunalio, my dearest grandson! Look, grandmother has got you so many of the finest gifts from all over the world. I hand picked them all, just for you my little angel." The young emperor's grandmother says, a weak smile on her features as they sat by the window in private, shielding themselves from the beautiful yet freezing cold snow falling outside with a roaring fireplace to keep them warm.

  It seemed like hundreds of presents were placed before the tree made of gold, all just for the young emperor. However, the young emperor purses his lips with disappointment.

  "Isn't this the day mummy and daddy went away? It's been a whole year, Nana." The young emperor complains, looking desperately out the window at the road leading up to the palace, hoping to see the miracle of his parents returning. Ever since the accident, he had never seen them again. He could feel a deep sorrow and longing in his heart, and just at this age did the emperor's tall, penetrateless walls begin to build.