𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 : 19

(This song is for you from Octavi :) ! It is the song that expresses his true feelings about the reader and is the song that you both dance to so you can play it when he puts it on the record player.)

  After the emperor had left your room, Octavi had nearly immediately stepped inside. He had a courteous smile on his lips as he entered, and you gasped in surprise. "Octavi? I thought you went to the infirmary?" You questioned, glad to be in his presence once again.

  "I was just hiding around the corner, waiting for him to leave. I promised to spend time with you for the whole day, after all, Lady Fuyomui." He explained himself before venturing into your room and then proceeding to sit back down on the cushion where he once sat at the coffee table. He looked at his food and sighed, able to tell that it had already gone cold.

  "I was practically starving, but now my food is cold," Octavi complained before looking up at you. He smiled as you went to your bedside table and scribbled something down on a small piece of paper, your back now turned to him. He hastily grabbed the knife from the ground and stored it in his pocket, making sure not to push it in so that it wouldn't tear the fabric and expose his plot.

  You turned around and advanced towards Octavi, placing the small piece of ripped parchment paper in his hand. In his hand was a telephone number. "If you want a new outfit, call this number. My brother runs a business and is an astounding tailor himself. I learnt most of what I know from him." You explained, grinning kindly. Octavi clutched the paper and placed it in the opposite pocket of his so he didn't make contact with the knife.

  "Why have you decided to give me his business number?" He inquired.

  "Well, you tend to wear the same uniform each time I see you. If you ever need adjustments to your uniform or a new outfit, my brother - Kai Fuyomui - is the man to call!" You promoted your brother's business, a gleaming smile on your lips. You were proud to promote Kai because you had a strong faith in your brother's potential, and knew that his works were not to disappoint. He barely had a cynical reproach on any of his works, and if he did, it was never something significant.

  "Ah, yes, I see. I will indeed contact his number if I wish for such a thing." Octavi reassured you, accepting the business pitch you had just made to him.

  "Do you have a record player in your room?" He queried you, a plot coming to his mind to finally get his job over and done with. A malicious smirk couldn't help but form on his lips as you went to your record player and hauled it back to the coffee table. Afterward, you proceeded to claim a box of record boxes from the corner. You gently placed the large cardboard box next to Octavi's figure.

  He seemed to ponder for several moments as he dragged the cardboard box onto his lap, now looking through the plethora of records. He inspected them, repeatedly, several times over.

  "Do you know these songs?" You inquired, tilting your head as you bent over slightly over him to get a better view at the titles of each record.

  "I know all of these songs. I need to find the perfect one for you." Octavi stated, before stopping at the very sight of a specific record. He took it out of the box then out of its cover, revealing the mysteriously clean record. He placed it upon the record player and turned it on, now dropping the handle onto the record to allow it to begin to play.

  "This song is called 'The Moon Represents My Heart,'" Octavi said as he finished setting up the record player.

  He knew that this obscure part of his mind was taking over, but with the last part of his original self, he wanted to leave you something ever-lasting that you could remember him by. He wanted you to know that even after all that happened, his feelings were still valid, and he never meant to harm you in the first place. The fact he had become brainwashed maimed him from thinking for himself.