one.

Arabella Easton

@arayee: setting up for performances are not the move 🥺liked by audrey

liked by audrey.east and 12,362 others

user 1: ur so hot wow
user 2: 🥺🥺
@audrey.east: so beautiful 🤩
user 3: can u be my gf?
user 4: do a cover of some of Clairo's songs pls
view all 323 comments

"Fuck I hate moving in all this equipment," I complained. I've been performing at restaurants ever since I was fourteen. I was never tired of the tiny crowds, but I was always looking forward to seeing a bigger one some day.

"Don't you think I'm tired too?" groaned my older sister Audrey.

"Well guess what Audrey, we still have the mic and the cords to carry in," I smiled. I kicked the restaurant door open and smelled the not-so fresh air of LA. I opened the trunk of my sister's car and grabbed the mic stand and the cords. I hurried back inside as the wind began to pick up. I set the mic stand and cords on the floor and dusted off my hands. I placed my hands on my hips as I felt my sister snake her arms around my shoulders.

"You will do great tonight bub," she whispered into my ear. I grinned as she unwrapped her arms and began to set up the cords. I took a quick glance at the cute restaurant. Right in the middle was the little stage and all around it were the chairs and seats people would dine on. There was only about two couples in here so far, but at night it's always loaded with people. I grabbed my heart locket into my hands and opened it. Inside revealed a picture of my mom and dad, back when I was ten.

They would've loved to see this, I thought.

I quickly shut the locket as I felt a pair of hands touch my shoulder.

"Performance at 7:45 p.m?" the manager said.

"Uh- yes. Under Easton." I stuttered. The manager smiled and then left. I noticed my sister struggling with the cords, so I went over to help her. I took the cords from her hands and plugged them into the speaker.

"Ara, its 7. Get dressed," my sister laughed. I nodded at her and went back out through the restaurant door. I unlocked my sisters car and grabbed a small duffle bag from the back seat. I carried it back into the restaurant bathroom, and began to change. I pulled out my outfit from my duffle, and dressed out of my sweats and shirt. I grabbed my silky, black dress, that was touched with thin straps. I tossed my white shoes into my duffle and pulled out some black heels that matched my dress. I pushed the stall door open, and settled my makeup bag in front of the mirror. I began my makeup routine, and finished with a nude lip. I took a step back from the mirror, and quickly snagged my blue beanie off my head. I shoved all my belongings in my duffle bag, then ran out the door.

"Ara where did you put the- WOW YOU LOOK STUNNING!" my sister exclaimed. I gave a little twirl as she took a video for her instagram.

"You really think I look good Audrey?"

"I don't think you look good, I know you look good bub," Audrey smiled. "I'm surprised you got ready that fast, it's only 7:30." As my sister continued on, I noticed how filled the restaurant was getting. The tables were mostly filled by couples, but some families were scattered through out them. "Hey Ara! The piano man is here."

I glanced over at the stage to see a man in about his thirtys, getting comfortable in his seat. I had already set the sheet music on the piano, and I noticed how he began to scan it.

"It's Fallin' from Alicia Keys," I said as I approached the man.

"It's a beautiful song and I can't wait to perform this one tonight," he smiled. A last it was 7:40, and I began to get settled on the stage. I adjusted the mic to my height and stared apon the crowd.

"Hi my name is Arabella Easton, and tonight I will be performing Fallin' by Alicia Keys. Feel free to leave any tips in this little hat right here," I said as I pointed to my blue beanie, set up on the piano. As the crowd began to clap, I noticed the little bell above the restaurant door ring. Inside came five guys, looking for a waiter to place them at a seat. A waiter came and took them to a table not too far from where I was standing. I settled my eyes on each and every one of them, analyzing their faces. One was taller than the others and had dreads, the other was tinier and had very bright green hair, and the one next to him had brown straight hair and was very thin. The other two were mingling with eachother as I noticed that one had a buzz cut and the other had messy yet organized brown hair that acted as cute bangs, with beautiful glasses that complimented his eyes. Although this happened for a quick second, I took in all of his features and blushed at the way he laughed at his fellow friends. He had seemed to notice I was staring at him, so he gave a playful wink. I looked away as quickly as possible.

Well he's a player for sure, I thought.