Chapter :- 12

"This is beautiful, Mingwan." Naehee said as we walked towards the table I set up. This is the mafia's private beach, and I set up a table, candles and food. The serene music played through my phone and the waves of the sea gave a cool atmosphere.

I took her hand and led her to the table

I took her hand and led her to the table. I moved the seat so that she can sit and then sat across her.

"This is just perfect." She said as she gazed dreamily into my eyes. This reminded me of my first date. We were so nervous. And now look where we are.

"What do want to drink? You are not old enough for alcohol, so I brought your favorite berry juice." I said awkwardly. We have been together for more than six months, and I still get nervous around her. She chuckled and ruffled my hair. "You're too cute." She said, and I blushed. "I'll drink the berry juice."

"Okay." I said and poured two glasses of juice. We clinked them and took a sip. "So, what did you wanna tell me?" I asked her.

She took a deep breath. "Mingwan, I have been getting some weird letters. I started getting them from three days ago. I just thought it was a prank at first, but then..."

"Then what?" I asked softly, taking her hand in mine and carressing it.

"This person's language and handwriting is too familiar." She said. I looked confused. She opened her handbag, took out some papers and handed them to me. I looked at each one of them, my eyes widening.

The letters were all written with red pen, on light red paper. In all the letters, it said about what a mistake she made, and that she'll regret it. And at the bottom of each one, there was a sign "S" and "You are mine."

"Too familiar?" I asked. She nodded.

"It's just how Suhwin used to talk." She said, tears forming at the end of her eyes.

I could feel my temper rising. Who is Suhwin? My girlfriend's ex. He was her boyfriend, until he started to use her, and cheated on her. It got too far when he almost raped her. And after they broke up, he rumored that HE broke up with her because she was a SLUT. How can I not hate him?

"Hey, hey, come here." I got up and walked over to her and hugged her as she started to sob. She buried her face into my chest and cried. My shirt was getting wet, but I didn't care. It hurt me that she was hurt.

"Let's eat, jagiya." I said, patting her head. She nodded and wiped her tears. Her makeup was all ruined, but it just amazed me how she could look so stunning even like that. I kissed her forehead and pulled her into a headlock.

"I love you." She said, and I started grinning like an idiot. This was the first time she said that, and I just couldn't contain my happiness. She blinked and started stuttering, "Ah.. I mean, uh.. Actually, I... Um."

I chuckled. "I love you too." I said and she smiled warmly. I leaned my head and crashed my lips on hers, tightening my grip. She held my head and moved her head sideways, deepening our kiss. I bit her lower lip and she giggled.

"Ring!!" My phone started ringing and we stopped, breathing hard. I groaned and she laughed. "Pick up. It might be important."

"Hello?" I said grumpily.

"Did I disturb something?" Jimin asked. "Yeah, you did. What do you want?" I said back.

"Woah, woah, what's with the attitude?"

"What. Is. It. Pabo?" I asked, raising my voice with each word.

"I was just gonna ask if everything was alright, but.... Nah, go back to what you were doing." Jimin said.

I sighed. "Thank you." And hung up. We ate and then I dropped her off her house.

"Thanks for tonight, babe." Naehee said and gave me a deep kiss. I kissed her back and pulled away, saying bye as she got out of the car. She waved back and walked up to her house. After she entered, I sped back to my cousin's house.

"Hey."  I said as I entered Silnae's room.

"So, how'd it go?" She asked. "You're not breaking up or anything, right?"

I opened my mouth to say no, then clapped it shut. Lemme mess with her.

"Yeah, we're gonna break up." I said, sitting down on her bed warily and covering my face with my hands. It looked like I was gonna cry, but I was trying my level best to hold my laughter in.

On the other hand , my cousin looked absolutely horrified. "WHAT?" Her voice came out shrill and squeaky, and I almost laughed out loud. "Oh, sorry .." She cleared her throat and shook her head, then took a deep breath. "Now then.... WHAT?!?!"

"Yeah, she said that since I cheated on her, and didn't apologize, she don't think-"

"Hold up, hold up." She interrupted, holding her hand up to stop me. "You freaking cheated on her?!"

"Yeah..." I trailed off. It was so damn hard not to laugh..

"I'm gonna bloody kill you." She growled. I couldn't hold it anymore. I laughed and laughed, so hard that tears started coming down my face. She looked at me like I was crazy.

"I'm kidding!" I finally shouted, still laughing my head off. My stomach was hurting so bad, and I opened my eyes a teensy bit to steal a glance at Silnae, who did NOT look amused.

"You are soo dead." She gritted through her teeth and started beating me with her pillow. I started beating her back, and we had a pretty long pillow fight. At last we stopped, clutching our stomachs and laughing.

"No, but seriously, what happened?" She asked me. I put the pillow on my lap and put my elbow on it, dropping my face in my hands. "She had a problem."

"I KNOW that Mingwan." She rolled her eyes. I nodded. "Yeah, okay. She was getting some creepy letters."

"Creepy? How were they creepy?" She asked. I really thought about what to say next. Naehee was one of her closest friends, and she knew about her ex and everything. I don't want her to lose her temper, cause if she does, Suhwin didn't stand a chance.

"Nothing. It was just weird." I said, avoiding eye contact. But that was a sign she picked up. "Tell me the truth, Mingwan."

"Okay, but you have to promise me you won't kill someone." I said. She nodded her head and I sighed. "It was from Suhwin."

"What?!" Widening her big eyes, she looked at me murderously.

"This is what I was talking about." I said, glaring at her.

"Okay, okay, I won't kill him." She said, fiddling with fingers. "But you can't just let this go, dude. She is your girlfriend for God's sake."

"Yeah, I know." She was making me question my own decision. Naehee was my girlfriend, and it was my job to protect her, after her brother of course. I need to do something.

"But can we do?" I asked. If anyone was good at making plans, it was my little cousin sis.

She thought, patting her fingers on her cheek. After a few minutes of dead silence, she did the smirk. The smirk she does when she is proud of herself.

"I gotta a plan."
            ---------------------------------