1

Y/n's POV

"Ok class. That is all for today. Please read chapter 8 through 11 for next weeks class." The professor said at the end of class. I got up from my chair and stretched. Finally class was over. I gathered my notebooks and left the lecture hall.

I have only one more year to go before I graduate college. I have decided that once I finish school I am going to go to vet school. I love animals and it is all I want to do. Unfortunately, before I can go to vet school I have to finish the boring undergraduate courses. 

I looked at the time. "Shit" I exclaimed as I ran toward the bus stop. If I miss this bus I would have to walk home. This was the last bus of the night. Luckily I made it in time. I was tired. I had to fight in order not to fall asleep on the bus. 

I got off the bus and walked the rest of the way home. My stomach started to grumble. I didn't eat lunch and I couldn't wait to eat my mom's delicious food. I entered the house but did not hear the usual noise I hear when I get home from college.

Usually, my little brothers and sisters are being loud, my dad is watching TV, and my mother is trying to get my siblings to do their homework. Tonight the house was silent. 

My two little brothers ran to me. "Y/n!" They exclaimed. My three little sisters ran to me and hugged me. "What's going on? What's wrong?" I asked. I could see there were tears in their eyes. I didn't see my dad anywhere but my mother was sitting at the dining room table. Her head was buried in her hands and I could tell she was also crying.

"Mom. What's wrong? Where's dad?" I asked in a panic. "Your father left us." She cried. I was shocked. My father never showed any intentions of leaving. "I came home from work, after picking the kids up from school, and all of his things were gone. He left this note." She said as she handed me the piece of paper. I read the note in disbelief.

Dear family. For reasons I will not explain, I am leaving. Do not try to look for me. I will not be coming back. Y/m/n, I have left the divorce papers for you on the table. I filled out all my parts. Please finalize it as soon as possible. --Y/D/N

I could not believe what I had read. I must have read it about 5 times before the reality sunk in. Our father abandoned us. Why would he do this to us? He had a loving wife and six children. Why would he throw us all away.

The shock turned to anger. I am the oldest and have had dad around me for all my life. But the next oldest is only 13. The youngest of my siblings is only 5. How could he leave us? Both my parents worked to make ends meet. Not how will we live?

"Everyone, go to your rooms. I need to talk to mom alone." I said to my siblings. They looked like they wanted to object but they knew not to. They went to their rooms. Once the doors were closed, I turned to my mom.

"Mom. What are we going to do. I can get a job if I need to." I said. I placed a hand on my mother's shoulder. "I don't want you to quit college. You are so close to finishing." My mother said.

"Fuck school. I am not going to let you work yourself to death just to try to make ends meet. I don't want the kids to not be able to do things in school because of the money." I said. My mother nodded. "Your father took everything. He cleaned out the bank accounts too. I tried to call the banks but there was nothing that could be done." My mother said.

I didn't think I could be more angry but after my mom told me that my dad took all the money they had saved I became even more angry. "It will be okay mom. I will get a job and if I need to I will get two." I said My mother hugged me tightly. "I am sorry Y/n. This burden should not have been put onto you."