1

"Now some words from our valedictorian." The head master of Yale stated. That was my cue. I walked onto stage and took a deep breathe.

"Hello, most of you may not know me. I am Giselle Archer." I paused. "If I learned anything from studying here at Yale, it was that I had more to my future. The sky has become the limit for my future thanks to my education that I was given by Yale University." I started. "I came from Lima, Ohio with a huge dream. I wanted to be a performer weather it was broadway, on the big screen, or even through iTunes. Yale has given me these wonderful Opportunities that I would have not gotten on my own." I paused. "Through the past four years, we all have been busy with stacks of school work, finals, and trying to maintain a social status." I added. "We have finally did it! So congratulations to the class of 2017!" I ended. I looked at the people who I invited to watch the ceremony. My dad, Charlotte, Lukas, and Quinn. My soon-to-be-step-siblings didn't come since they had their own things going on.

After the ceremony, I met up with my dad and Charlotte. I did graduation pictures with everyone and all that. Quinn was talking to some of the people in my class.

"Congratulations Elle!" Charlotte chirped.

"I'm so proud of you!" My dad hugged me.

"Thank you both for coming," I smiled.

"Why would I miss my one and only daughter graduating from Yale?!" He exclaimed. "Elle, despite our rough past, I could not be more proud of what you accomplished here, and I can't wait to see what is next in the future chapters of your life." He hugged me once more.

"Thanks Dad... I love you." I grinned.

"I love you more." He stated. "Well, I'll let you talk to your friends! We are still on for a celebratory dinner, correct?"

"Yep! I will see you at the restaurant." I waved them both goodbye. I walked over to Lukas.

"How does it feel to have graduated Yale, Ms. Valedictorian?" He nudged.

"Feels... exhilarating!" I replied. "How is Marissa doing?" I asked. They got married when I was a freshman and they live in Columbus. Now she is pregnant with twins.

"She's doing good. We are expecting the twins in a few weeks. She's in bed rest right now." He replied.

"Will you be at the dinner tonight?" I asked.

"No, unfortunately, I could only stay up until 4:00 pm today due to the fact that I have to work tomorrow since I want to work as many hours before Marissa has the twins." He explained.

"Well, as soon as the twins are born, I will take the first flight out to Columbus to meet them!" I hugged him.

"Thanks sis! Congrats on your graduation!" He smiled. "Love ya!"

"Love you more!" I replied.

"I will see you when the twins are born." He hugged me once more.

"Thanks for coming." I smiled once more. Then, he began to book it into the parking lot to catch his flight. I walked over to Quinn.

"Hey girlie! How does it feel to be done with school?" She asked.

"Happy and sad." I stated.

"Well, where are you off to next?" She asked.

"New York City." I smiled. "Might as well live the dream." I grinned. "Oh, hey, so you should come help me unpack my apartment!" I suggested.

"You already bought an apartment?" She asked.

"Yeah," I nodded. "Since my dad paid for Yale, I told him he couldn't buy me any more things, because I needed to make it out on my own." I explained. "A few weeks ago, I went apartment hunting and just last week, I closed the deal on this amazing apartment that I couldn't resist!" I grinned.