28

~December~

"Kurt, I don't know what I should get Sebastian..." I whined.

"Oh come on... get him a new coat and stuff or whatever." He shrugged.

"Yeah, but I want it to be special. It's our first Christmas together." I reminded him.

"Oh yeahhhh... Blaine and I had that moment where we didn't know what to expect but it's the little things that count now. Like I am getting Blaine some of the hair gel that he gets that is going out of stock at our house and I bought him a custom bow tie off of this online bow tie platform. I got him some smaller things. Nothing too extravagant. It's the thought that counts." Kurt explained. "Besides we are both currently saving up, so we can get someone to carry our child, and so we can actually raise it."

"Yeah, we both have been busy working and with the plane crash money, we have more than enough money to survive for the next few years. I just want him to remember our first Christmas as a married couple."

"Well, just think from the heart. What would he really want?"

"That's just it! I don't know." I sighed.

"I'm sure he is struggling just as much as you are." He brings up.

"Well, he always knows what to get me is the problem." I whined.

"The perfect gift will speak to you." He smirked. "You just have to open your eyes a bit. Anyways, I am going to separate from you so I can go buy your present. Meet up for lunch when I'm done." He hurried off.

"Okay... thanks for the help, Kurt." I sighed as I was left in a shopping mall alone. I just wandered past stores and inside stores to find something that strikes my mind as something that Sebastian would love. I just stared hopelessly at the window.

"Shopping for anyone in particular?" An older women crept up behind me.

"Uh, my husband. We are newly weds and I just don't know why to get him." I sighed.

"It's been forty three years ever since my husband and I got married and I remember our first Christmas, I got him this sweater with his name on it and I bought him a new cigar with his initials on it." She reminisced.

"Unique." I smiled. "That's really sweet though."

"Yeah, my advice for you is think of an everyday object that you can make personal for him." She told me.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"I wish you the best of luck." She smiled as she turned away. Maybe she's right... find an everyday object and make it special. Doesn't sound too difficult. I sighed as I glanced around my surroundings. What does Sebastian use everyday? He uses his coat. He uses shoes. He uses underwear. He uses a comb. He uses a toothbrush. Hair gel. Toothpaste. Shirts. Pants. Wallet. Cologne. His car. Soap. Water. Coffee. Pajamas (sometimes). TV. The Newspaper. A Thermo Mug for traveling. Is there something I'm missing? I sighed as I wandered the large shopping mall. I walked passed this embroidery shop and I just knew what I wanted to get him cause it hit me as I saw a child walk passed me.

Christmas Eve. I woke up and began to hurry to bake some holiday cookies for Kurt and Blaine's Christmas party. They were hosting some small Christmas Eve gathering. Yesterday, I wrapped all the gifts for my friends and Sebastian. I mailed my parents a gift last week, so hopefully it gets to them. I sent Marley and Jake a gift last week as well. They are going to Lima for the holidays so I mailed it to Mama Rose. Than, around the same time I mailed Mr. Schuester's family and all the other members of the glee club a gift for each also last week. I didn't go overly expensive, so I went with household things they could use. Lame, yes, but it's the thought that I sent them something.