32

~December~

I sat on the plane with our daughter and Sebastian. We have decided to go see his mom in Tennessee for the holidays, because she has, yet, to meet AJ. I was anxious. The plane hadn't even gotten halfway through, yet, I'm already ready to be off. I tapped my foot and began to fidget a lot. I scrunched my eyes shut to try to calm my nerves but that didn't work.

"Hey, just take a deep breathe." I felt Sebastian hold my hand.

"I know, it's just been a little over a year since the whole plane crash, and I just have anxiety no matter if I have been on a plane before." I told him.

"It's okay. I am here, right by your side." He reassured me as he held my hand tightly. I rested my head on his shoulder. AJ was fast asleep in her car seat, so we didn't have to worry about her crying. She usually sleeps through car rides and surprisingly, she's still fast asleep.

After a long flight, the plane finally landed and my anxiety ended from the flight. I was nervous considering I haven't really spent the holidays with anyone other than my family before and I have only met Sebastian's mom and dad but none of his other relatives. We got off of the plane and we went towards the baggage claim where I saw his mother run up excitedly to greet us.

"Ah! It's been such a long time!" She squealed as she hugged the two of us. "This must be Avery?" She grinned as she looked at the baby carrier.

"Yeah, we call her AJ, but it was about time for you to meet her." I smiled as I set down the carrier and picked her up to allow for Nancy to hold her. She just looked at her with a deep smile and just couldn't stop looking at her as AJ began to giggle.

"She has your smile, Giselle." She grinned. "And she definitely has my son's eyes." She laughed. "I haven't held a baby since my niece and nephews were born. Reminds me of when Sebastian was born." She added. "Wow, she's beautiful." She took one last look at her. "Ws should probably get to the ranch." She handed AJ back to me as I rocked her back and fourth.

"I'm going to go change her diaper in the bathroom. I will meet back with you guys." I smiled as I grabbed the diaper bag and slung it over my shoulder, and maintaining AJ in my arms.

After I changed her diaper, I left the bathroom and made my way back to where I saw Sebastian with our bags. I smiled as I carefully walked back over and set AJ back in her travel carrier.

"My mom went to go pull up the minivan." He stated. "I never thanked you for agreeing to come out especially with your plane anxiety." He kissed me on my forehead.

"Well, it was time to conquer this anxiety I have head on." I nodded.

"I actually have a surprise for you tomorrow night." He grins.

"It's Christmas Eve, what other surprises could there be than what's underneath the tree?" I chuckled.

"Believe me, you'll love this surprise." He smiles.

"I love any moment I get to spend with you." I smiled.

"Well, you will love this moment for sure than." He grins. He looks down at his phone. "My mom is in the front." He smiles as he grabs two bags. Then, I grabbed the baby carrier, our carry on, and I placed the diaper bag over the handle of the carry on, and slung my purse over my shoulder. We made our way over to the exit and saw the gray mini van parked in the front. Sebastian smiled as he popped the trunk and placed our bags inside. I took the carrier and set it on a seat which turned into a car seat. I buckled in AJ, and went onto the other side to sit down.

When we got to the ranch, I was introduced to so many of Sebastian's family members on his mom's side: there was her sister, Mary; her daughters, Eliza and Ellie; her sons, Caden, Jackson, and Ryan; her husband, Franklin; Nancy's mother, Jennifer; Nancy's brother, Henry; His wife, Jamie; there daughter, Kit; Kit's husband, Winn; and their daughter, Danielle. Lots of Sebastian's cousins and aunts and uncles. They all were joyous people. Nancy showed us around the ranch and it was beautifully decorated for the holidays. It was cheesy, but adorable. It made it feel homie with all the family gathered.