18

~April~

"Yes, dad. I'm doing good. Don't worry about me." I chuckled. "Alright, I will talk to you later. Love you. Bye." I hung up the phone.

"How's your dad doing?" Sebastian asked as we walked down the streets of New York.

"He's doing alright. I mean—he's been supporting Lukas ever since he found out about Alex." I shrugged. A month ago, one of their kids was diagnosed with some heart problems. They may or may not be able to find a heart transplant or any way to prevent it for a child that's a little over nine months.

"They will get through this." He added.

"Anyways, I was thinking we could go on vacation in June. Maybe go somewhere with a beach?" I suggested.

"Vacation? Already?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"I mean—let's do it. We are still in our mid twenties. Let's go do something. Be adventurous." I pointed out.

"You know as much as I want to, we do have careers. Besides you know I am shooting that movie this summer." He reminded me.

"Oh, yeah... right." I nodded.

"Listen, after the movie shoot, we can do whatever exotic vacation you want..." he suggested.

"Okay, you better hold yourself to that." I grinned.

"Deal." He leaned in and kissed me.

A few days have passed... Rachel, Kurt, and I were helping Rachel dress shop for her wedding to Jessie.

"Okay, so wait..." Kurt paused. "He's filming a movie this summer?"

"Yeah," I sighed. "I don't know... I am just getting that weird feeling that I am not going to be young forever, and I plan on one day having kids, but I want to go on adventures like you and Blaine have."

"Girl, you are only 24. You got time." Kurt reassured. "But I mean—maybe you just plan a weekend getaway off to a log cabin or something." He suggested.

"I'm with Kurt!" Rachel yelled from the dressing room.

"Believe me, it feels like he doesn't want to go anywhere with me for long periods of time." I admitted. "I've been bringing it up for a few weeks now too and it's always the same thing— I have some event or film or whatever."

"Well, you have been pushing him away for months when you were engaged with Jason. Maybe he is still trying to readjust to the idea of you two being together." Rachel walked out in a beautiful gown.

"Okay, that is the prettiest thing, but it doesn't seem like something you'd wear." I pointed out.

"Yeah, maybe something more form fit." Kurt suggested.

"Yeah, I don't know how I feel about the massive ball gown." She laughed. "How did you ever decide on a dress?"

"Well— I mean, it's now sitting in my closet. I got it pressed and dry cleaned. I'm probably going to sell it." I reminded her. "But you guys were with me when we picked out a dress. I was wanting to just get dress shopping over with cause something told me that I wasn't going to marry Jason."

"Well—I know I'm going to marry Jessie." She pointed out.

"I'm sure—you will just know what dress is the dress." Kurt stated.

"It's so hard because they are all so beautiful." Rachel sounds around.

"We maybe just need to narrow down your styles." I suggested. "It'll make this a lot easier."

"Elle, that is a wonderful idea!" Kurt praises.

"Alright, time to narrow things down." She breathed out as she walked back into the dressing room.

"So tell me—do you think you will ever want to marry Sebastian?" Kurt asked.

"Maybe after we have dated for a bit. It's too soon to get married considering I left my ex-fiancé at the alter two months ago." I shrugged. "I just get the feeling that Sebastian and I are going to drift again like we did in college."

"Girl, you have matured in the love department. You went long distance with Jason for two years. It's not for as long either. It's for three months, and even then—you are adults. You guys will make this work." Kurt reassured me.

"I still find it hard to believe that I am back in high school again. Dating my high school sweetheart." I chuckled.

"Oh honey— Rachel and I are living the same thing. Literally, we are both dating our first loves." Kurt stayed.

"Yeah—guess it's hard to let go of the past." I chuckled.

"Alright, I think—I found the dress." Rachel yelled as she came out.

"Oh my gosh! Yes!" I clapped.

"That is so you! It's perfect!" Kurt added.

"Eeeeeek!" She squealed as she jumped up and down.

"Hold on! Let me get a picture of you!" I smiled as I held out my phone. She posed in the dress as I took a picture.

Alright, I'm going to do these shorter chapters that go month by month to document the relationship and stuff. Alright! Enjoy