23

~July Pt. 3~

"So—how are you feeling?" My dad asked me. Many

"Better than I was a few days ago. Haven't crashed in two days." I joked. "I advice you all to go home. It's been 8 days. I will be fine."

"I know—but you did code out twice, so when we leave, you have to be strong enough not to do that to us." Rachel pointed her finger at me. Not all of my friends were able to make the flight but they called and checked up on me. Totally understandable. A lot of people have been texting me with my new phone number. I had to buy a new phone cause of the crash.

"Okay—okay. I just think you all have lives other than sitting here for another week or so." I stated.

"It's all fine. If you can make it another week without coding we will stop pestering you, and head back to New York." Kurt added.

"Oh—I should probably mention that the lawyers in New York want to meet up to discuss the plane crash whenever you are fully healed." My dad brought up.

"Lawyers? What for?" I asked.

"They discovered what caused the plane crash, and said that they were going to work out some settlement for this entire thing with the survivors individually and the people that were lost." He explained.

"Alright," I nodded as I glanced at the time. It was only 5:45. There was silence across the room. I still haven't told my father about Sebastian and I engaged. I want to wait until better circumstances when I wasn't in a hospital bed.

"Uh—we hate to leave, but we are going to go and get some dinner cause we got reservations at the nicest hotel here." Kurt stated.

"Yeah, we will come by tomorrow after our hike." Rachel stated.

After several goodbyes from all of my friends, that left my dad and Sebastian in the room.

"How's Charlotte doing?" I asked. I know Charlotte couldn't make the trip because she is a lawyer who is in the middle of a brutal trial between her clients.

"She's been busy. She said she sends her best wishes for you." He responded. "Lukas said he will come visit with the family this Monday."

"That's sweet of them. I didn't think they would make the trip considering how high maintenance Lukas's job is." I commented.

"He wants to come." My dad reassured me. I hate how everyone looks at me with pity. It makes me feel week.

"Has Alex gotten his transplant?" I asked.

"Yeah, they got it a few weeks ago. They were able to bring him home a little over a week ago because he was healthy enough to leave." He explained.

"That's good." I smiled.

"Okay, I am going to go back to the hotel and take a shower, because I feel gross and smelly. I will see you both tomorrow. Don't code out on me." My dad jokes.

"Yeah, love you and yeah, you do smell." I hugged him. He just laughed.

"Alright, see you tomorrow." He waved as he exited.

"And that leaves two of us." I chuckled.

"So, what do you want to talk about?" He asked.

"Hey—I was thinking that maybe instead of the big wedding, we get married at city hall." I suggested.

"I am fine with whatever you want." He nodded.

"What do we want to do once we are married?" I asked.

"Anything... but first—you need to fully heal." He pointed out.

"I know—I know." I rolled my eyes. "But we should talk about this." I pointed out.

"How about this—when you are fully healed, we can set a date to get married at city hall, and then go anywhere for the honeymoon." He suggested.

"But who knows when that will be." I whined.

"It won't be forever." He told me. "You just have to have faith."

"Fineee," I agreed.

-Flashback-

"What do we got?" I can hear the doctor who opened the ambulance doors.

"Giselle Archer... 25 years old... she appears to have some abdominal injuries and several burn injuries." The EMT stated.

"Alright, thanks Judie." The guy doctor state as I was being moved went through the hospital emergency room.

"Hello, I'm Dr. Adrian, and I am going to be taking care of you." He reassured me. "Can you tell us where you are feeling the most pain?"

"Everywhere..." I said under my breath.

~Flashback Ends~

"Hello, sorry for the interruption." An older man came in.

"You weren't interrupting." I shook my head.

"I am the chief of surgery and when I heard we had a VIP in the hospital, I had to be sure to introduce myself." He smiled. "I'm Dr. Jones."

"Pleasure. Giselle, and this is my boyfr—fiancé, Sebastian." I greeted him.

"I just wanted to reassure that we have let no paparazzi under your father's request on the surgical floor." He explained.

"That's sweet of my dad." I stated. "Why did you stop by earlier?"

"You seem to be doing a lot better now, and I figured I'd introduce myself." He smiled.

"Okay, great. Pleasure to meet you." I nodded.

"Alright, I will leave you two." He walked out.

"VIP?" Sebastian laughed.

"Didn't think Broadway was that big of deal and is the definition of surgical VIP, but I guess so." I chuckled. "Hey, Sebastian. When we go back to New York, can we build a house right on the outside of the city?" I asked.

"A house?" He gave me an odd look.

"Yeah, it's always been a dream of mine and considering how short life is, obviously." I pointed out. "I don't know when this will happen, but I want to build it while I have the ability. I want to be able to design a house that I can raise kids in."

"Okay, that's doable." He nodded. "So you want kids?" He brought up.

"We would have some pretty children." I chuckled.

"No doubt about it." He chuckled.

"Maybe after we build a house and have had a few months of marriage at least between us two." I suggested.

"That sounds reasonable, but I say that we take our time and just enjoy time and if we come across this path, then we just go with it." He stated.

"I love you." I grinned. He just held my hand.