6

Opening night... I took a deep breathe. Sebastian's little trick did help, but I can't let nerves get to me. Funny thing is that something sparked when I sang that duet with Sebastian. I don't think I have ever felt this prepared. He and I have always had this deeper connection that nobody can understand. We have this stage chemistry. Kind of like Lucas and Wednesday, we blend fairly well. Two different personalities. Not necessarily hot and cold. More like we complete each other. We have pieces that fill one another.

Scratch that. What am I saying? Jason completes me. I mean. He has been my best friend and soulmate all at once.

I adjusted my wig and made sure my make up was not messy. It had to be perfect especially for opening night. I looked in the mirror... it looks good as it could be.

"There's McKinley's super star!" Mr. Schue's voice echoed from behind me along with Rachel and Quinn.

"Heyyy! What are you guys doing here?" I asked as I got up and hugged them.

"Did you really think I was going to miss your big broadway debut?" Quinn laughed.

"Mrs. Schuester and I would not miss it for the world." Mr. Schue added. "I am so incredibly proud of the young women you grew up to be. Through the hard times, you still strives to be the best version of you." He handed me a bouquet of flowers.

"Awe, thank you. I did have an amazing teacher." I grinned as I gave him another hug.

"I just wanted to say, take a deep breathe and perform your heart out. It is your big introduction to the world of Broadway." Rachel reassures me. "You deserve it. From one broadway actress to another, you will crush it. Break a leg." She grins as she gives me one last hug.

"Alright, have a good show. The entire glee club are all going out dinner after your show, and you can't say no because I made reservations." Quinn pointed her finger at me.

"Fine." I chuckled. "See you guys afterwards." I waved them off.

I took a deep breathe and took a sip of water. It was my cue to get backstage. I took careful steps out of my dressing room and made my way to the stage manager who looked concerned.

"There you are! The show is about the start." He said. "Places everyone!" He yells. I could hear the crowds of people from behind stage.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the production of 'The Addams Family' is about to begin. Please silence your cell phones. Now please enjoy the show.

The stage manager stated through the microphone back stage. I took a deep breathe as a few of the cast members were getting in their positions as the curtains opened. Opening number time:

Dominic began to open with his line which led to the opening song. "Ah, the intoxicating spell of the graveyard. Once a year when the last leaf of autumn falls, we gather to honor the great cycle of life and death. Come, every member of our clan - living," that was our cue to head into stage. "dead, and, undecided - and let us celebrate what it is to be an Addams." He waves in the ensemble members. Then began to sing the lyrics.

(Dominic)
When you're an Addams
You need to have a little moonlight
When you're an Addams
You need to feel a little chill
You have to see the world in shades of grey
You have to put some poison in your day

The music went silent for a second. For more speaking line. Idina heads onto stage and says: "That's the way." Then both her and Dominic start singing.

(BOTH:)
When you're an Addams

(Dominic:)
You need to have a sense of humor