33

The holidays were over and now it's the start of the new year. Sebastian and I were thrilled to start the new year together with AJ. It was the first time that we get to celebrate a normal year. Last year, I was pregnant with Avery. The year before I was almost married to some guy I didn't love and I was in a plane crash. The year before that we weren't together. This year was going to be perfect. There wasn't anything that can stop this from being our year.

I began to feed AJ and slowly began to clean up after she spit up the food all over me.

"Can you please keep food down?" I groaned as I wiped the food stains with the dish towel. "At least you're cute," I said in awe. I scrolled through emails of auditions and plays that I could go for. It's been hard when there is a child in our life. Sebastian came back in the house with a bunch of groceries.

"Hey love," I smiled.

"Darling," he kissed me.

"So how was the trip to the grocery store?" I asked.

"It didn't take as long now that I have figured out where everything is and mapped out the fastest route in my head like you always do." He stated as he set the bags on the kitchen counter. "Any cool auditions that would interest you?" He asked.

"No, they all just don't seem interesting." I shrugged. We decided that I could start working again and he will be more of a stay at home dad until she is old enough to go to a day care while we work.

"I mean you could always write your own musical." He suggested.

"That's crazy," I laughed.

"I mean, Jessie St. James is a close friend so you both could co produce it and Kurt, Rachel, and Blaine know a lot of connections in the entertainment world. I don't see why you can't write your own." He stated.

"Haha, if it were only that easy." I laughed.

"It never hurts to do something new." He smiled. "Oh, I was thinking that over Valentine's Day weekend, we take a weekend's getaway and go to wine's country in California." He suggested.

"As fun as that sounds, who is going to watch AJ?" I laughed.

"I'm sure Quinn or Kurt and Blaine or one of the other New Directioners would be willing to watch her for the weekend." He stated.

"I'll ask around." I replied. "I can't make any promises."

"Thank you," he put his lips on my cheek.

"Could you give AJ a bath while I cleanup?" I asked.

"Sure, my love," he nodded as he slowly picked up AJ out of her high chair. "Come on, sweetheart, let's get you cleaned up," he smiled as he took her into the direction of the bathroom.

It's crazy how life really can be. When I was in high school, I spent years in mourning of my mom's death. Then, my best friend died. The person who was there for me and helped me through it was Sebastian. I didn't really realize how much of a crazy love story this truly was. He helped me find more about me. Before we met, I was a girl who had stage fright and danced for more than 6 hours a day on top of glee. Something told me that we were going to be close for a long long time. I mean—we are married.

I just shrugged. Writing my own musical. I have to write music, choreograph, write the play, cast, and even find someone who can produce it. It just seems like a lot. It's easier to be someone else. It isn't as easy to be yourself. That's the real challenge. I just don't think I would have the time.

Someone knocked at the door. I got up and walked over. There was a gift basket. It was sent to Sebastian. I glanced at the label. It was from some show. I didn't feel it was my place to  open the card. My curiosity intrigued me. It stuck out to me very much. I looked around and glanced back at the envelope. I slowly opened it. It read:

Sebastian
Please reconsider our offer to be apart of our world wide show tour... look at the revised contract we sent in the basket!

~West Side Story Producers

I set down the card. Sebastian slowly came down with our clean child and placed her in a little designated play area where she usually just end up laying down.

"What's this?" I asked as I held up the note.

"It's just the world tour of West Side Story asking if I want to play a part as Baby John." I shrugged. "I told them no. We had a deal that I would be at home while AJ is still really young and you can work." He reminded.

"I don't want you turning down a big part for a world tour just because you have to..." I reminded him.

"I know, but I want you to be able to do whatever you wish." He told me.

"I know, but I just feel bad we are decided that my career goes first." I added.

"You have spent so long without a show: first it was your original wedding, then it was a plane crash, then it was getting pregnant with AJ. I've been working through most of that. It isn't a big deal for me if I'm being honest. I would love to spend time with our daughter." He reassured me.

"Are you sure you don't want to go and travel? I mean I don't want to be the one to hold you back." I repeated. "Our marriage shouldn't be about someone having to be in charge of AJ while the other is working. It's a team effort." I brought up.

"Honey, when we got married, we became a team. We need to be able to financially support ourselves as a family. If it means we have to have one person working while the other stays home to raise Avery, then when she is old enough to start going to preschool, we both can start working since there is a large community of help from friends in the city." He hinted. "I want you to be able to do everything your heart desires... don't worry about me... I want to be able to enjoy the time and take the time to figure out the next step." He preached.

"Have I ever told you how much I love you and how much you make me smile. Thank you," I smiled as I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and pressed my lips against his. Then, AJ started to cry and we both slowly pulled away and turned our heads to her.

 Then, AJ started to cry and we both slowly pulled away and turned our heads to her