25

~August pt. 2~

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Sebastian looked over at me. "Because we can wait

"I almost died. Life is all about taking risks and I love you more than anything." I grinned.

"Let's do this. Let's get married then." He nodded.

We walked into city hall and awaited for our appointment time as we held hands. Yesterday, we got our marriage license, so that today we can actually do the tying the knot.

"Alright Smythe, Archer." The judge walked out of the room. We stood up. Now is the time.

"Alright, let me see your marriage license." He stated as he shut the door behind us and went over to behind the desk and sat down. "Alright, now please sign here, here, and here." He handed me a form. I grabbed the pen and signed. "Initial there." He points out. "Alright, now, Sebastian, you sign here, here and here. Also, initial there." He took the papers from my hand and handed it over to Sebastian. Once he signed that, the judge reviewed the paperwork and our license for a minute or two.

"Alright, do you Sebastian Smythe take Giselle to be your wife through the hardest of times?" He asked.

"I do..." he nodded as he stared in my eyes.

"And you, Giselle Archer, take Sebastian to be your husband through the most difficult of times?" He asks me.

"I do..." I grinned

"By the power invested in me and in the state of New York, I now pronounce you husband and wife. Kiss the bride." He said in a monotone voice. "Congratulations. You guys are now married." He handed us back our paperwork and a certificate. After our ten minute ceremony of us signing paperwork and a brief short 'I do' moment between us. We both left the room.

"So what now Mrs. Archer-Smythe?" He asked as he lifted me up bridal style.

"You can first, put me down. We aren't that cheesy. Second of all—we can go celebrate." I grinned.

"How are we going to tell your dad?" He asked.

"Shit—I forgot we had to do that." I groaned.

"How about we go back to Lima this weekend and we tell him." He suggested.

"Can't we just relax and enjoy being a newly married couple?" I whined.

"But I really don't want to spend the rest of my life with your dad hating me for at least not inviting him." He pointed out.

"Yeah—I guess you're right." I sighed. "How about I call him up tomorrow, and we leave Friday morning. Stay until Sunday, and leave." I suggested.

"Okay fine." He nodded. "What should we do now Mrs. Archer-Smythe?" He asked.

"Well—we could go celebrate at a restaurant or we could go home and do a different type of celebration." I suggested.

"I do like the sound of that." He smirked.

The next morning, I woke up knowing yesterday was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I felt the warmest of Sebastian's body wrapped around mine. It was not late, but it was also, not early. I stared off at the blankness of the wall.

"Good morning beautiful," I heard Sebastian as he kissed my cheek.

"It's weird now that you are my husband. Not boyfriend or fiancé... husband." I brought up.

"I know it's weird, now that you are my wife... not girlfriend or fiancé... wife." He repeated my wording.

"It's a good weird though," I looked over my shoulder and kissed him.