27

~November~

"You have to have a really large open kitchen so you can see the main floor pretty much." Rachel pointed out as we both sat in the coffee shop as we sat with the contractor.

"Yeah, I mean that would be nice to be able to have dinner parties and be able to see everything and still feel apart of the party." I nodded. "What I really want is stone wall fireplace and have a gorgeous deck that stares right out into the yard."

"Where do you prefer to have the master bedroom? The main floor or on the upstairs level or the downstairs level?" He asked as he took notes.

"Let's just put it on the main floor, and we can put another bedroom or two in the basement. I think a one floor house would be nice. Our room has an exit onto our porch that surrounds the house so we can oversee every part of the yard." I stated.

"I can work with that. We can do a nice open concept main floor that has a bedroom here..." he shows us his sketch of the layout of the first floor. "Master bath next to it... have a sliding glass door that goes out into your porch... than have a staircase outside the master room... have that go into the basement with two bedrooms and another bathroom along with a family space." He explained. "Around the entire house, you have a porch that surrounds and the back door by the living room has a nice outdoor sitting area that is built in within the porch." He added.

"Can you add a small bathroom just on the main floor so that guests don't have to go downstairs or in the master bedroom?" Rachel suggested.

"Yeah, so a half bathroom can be placed over here." He pointed out. "What do you think about that?" He asked.

"Perfect." I grinned.

"Do you want high or low ceilings?" He asks.

"Preferably high." I answered.

"Where would you like your fireplace?" He asked.

"Maybe just the center of the living space?" I suggested.

"Okay solid answer." He nodded. "Alright, well, I will turn this request into a blue print and I will call either you, or Mr. Smythe when my crew begins construction and if you guys have any questions about this process, my phone is always open." He nodded.

"How long til the house is ready for moving in?" I asked.

"I wanna say between March-May." He commented.

"Alright thank you." I smiled. He got up after shaking my hand and left the coffee shop.

"Well, this will be a really beautiful house, Elle." Rachel grinned.

"Yeah, I'm excited and happy to live in a house and start fresh." I commented. "So what are you and Jesse planning on staying in the condo you guys are living in?"

"Yeah, we said when the time is right, we would consider buying a house. Maybe when we have a kid of our own." She shrugged.

"Oh did I tell you that Kurt and Blaine have been discussing having kids?" I brought up.

"Really?" She gasped. "They would be such good parents."

"Totally." I agreed.

"So are you and Sebastian going to have kids anytime soon?" She sips her coffee.

"Uh—I don't know maybe after we have built the house and spent time just being together, than I would consider having kids because I feel like we haven't spent enough time just being married in order to have kids." I shrugged.

"Understandable." She nodded. "Wanna know what's crazy?" She brought up.

"What?" I asked.

"We are in our mid to late twenties talking about this when it seemed to be discussions we had in high school about our futures and now we are living our future." Rachel explained.