4

It's been three weeks of rehearsals. Right now we are just focusing on going through specific numbers. Costumes were still in the making. Opening night was in a month. Hopefully everything comes together by then.

"Alright, lets take it from your line, Sebastian, a few lines up before the number Crazier than You." The director stated. I had my lines memorized already, for the most part. There were a few parts in Act Two that I was unsure of. "We know where we all are?" He looked at the two of us. We both nodded. "Alright! Action!" He stated. I got into character rather quickly.

"Look, i can't stand the idea of me not being with you." Sebastian began to act out.

"Five minutes ago you could." I continued.

"No— aww he lover always comes back... Tristan... Ulisisies... Romeo..." he paused as he did this knee gesture.

"I was hopeful... what's your point?" I grumbled. My character was pretty moody.

"I'd rather die with you than without you." He grabbed my hand unexpectedly and caught my character's attention. When he touched me, it didn't feel like acting... it's felt real... something gave me goosebumps.

"Okay... prove it." I unfolded my arms and pulled myself away. It may be acting but something was off.

WEDNESDAY:
Once, I was hopeful
Thought we were one.
Life, less than perfect
Finally begun.
But, now I wonder
Are we undone?

I walked around him as if we were actually mad at each other. Yet again, this very much reminds me of our break up. Exactly like it... except it ended differently.

I wanna treasure you in death as well as life
I wanna cut you with my love and with my knife
But can I live as your tormentor and your wife?
When I am crazier than you
I'm crazier than you
And nothing up 'til now has proved me wrong
I'm crazier than you
That's just the overview
So get on board or simply move along

LUCAS (& WEDNESDAY):
I'm not impulsive

(and yet I truly love you)

I'm not deranged

(I'd never ask that of you)

I got very defensive. He said that when we broke up too.

But in this moment
I feel I've changed.
I wanna climb Mount Everest, go to Mozambique
I wanna be impulsive, want to be unique
Can you believe I mean it when you hear me shriek
I'm crazier than you
And now I'll prove to you exactly how
I'm crazier than you
I'll do what you can do
From here on in I give my solemn vow

WEDNESDAY:
Pluck the arrow from its quiver,
Hold it in your hand be brave.

I was handed a bow and 'arrow' from a ancestor.

LUCAS:
Pierce the apple not the liver
Or we're dancing on my grave.

WEDNESDAY:
Place it in the bow and steady

LUCAS:
Can't you shoot that thing already!

Sebastian was up against the 'tree'. Then I fake shot the arrow and then it hit the apple.

"Ahhhh." Sebastian faked. I faked a worried expression. "Gotcha." He grinned. "Now will you marry me?" He asked a she held my face when he walked up to me. His beautiful green eyes stuck out to me... stronger than ever.

"Only if you promise to love me, Fernando." I began to playfully tease.

"Lukas! Lukas! Lukas!" His character corrected.

"Gotcha." I smirked as we moved off to the side as Mr. and Mrs. Beinekes part where they began to rekindle their love. Then, towards the end of their part, Sebastian and I moved back into the shot and finished the song with them both in it.

WEDNESDAY (& LUCAS):
I wanna demonstrate that fear is my ideal

(Girl, believe me fear is your ideal)

'Cause in the moment that you're frightened, life is real

(Then my life must be real real!)

And in a flash when I release and seal the deal

We both began to dance around together like an old married couple. Something on the inside of me felt oddly different but yet familiar... too odd. It's been ages since I have felt this strong intense eye connection with anyone. When I looked right into his eyes, joy filled my face. It was like everything felt free from faking. I felt this feeling when I first met Sebastian back at Dalton Academy. Luckily, my character was smiling in this scene when dancing. It was an strange and indescribable feeling, but it felt... right.

BOTH:
I'm crazier than you
And nothing hurts me when I hear you say
I'm crazier than you
Psychotically into
And that is all I need to face the day
I'm crazier than you

At this point in the song, we were gripping into each other's hands... our eyes were locked into one another's... that odd feeling was still at the pit of my stomach.

And live or die I'll let you have control
I'm crazier than you
So say you love me too
From here on in you're singing to my soul
My soul!

After we sang that line, we leaned in and kissed like we were scripted. It felt real though. We pulled apart.

"And cut!" The Director interrupted our eye connection. We snapped out of it. "That was perfect! Don't change a thing every-time we practice it!"

"Yeah," I nodded. Something was just very peculiar about this feeling.

"Okay take five." The director stated. I walked over to grab my water and sip my water. I saw a message from Jason.

From: Jason
Hey! I got home early, and I have a surprise for you when you get home! See you soon!

I smiled but normally I felt something, but this time I just thought of how dorky he was for doing this. It felt as if that connection I briefly had with him disappeared. I looked at Sebastian and he smiled and waved at me. I smiled and waved back. That weird connection returned. It felt... exciting...

Wait—I need to stop thinking about him... I'm going to marry Jason... this will pass right after the show... nothing to worry about? Hopefully.