Chapter 5

Within an hour, Arnav reached home and saw Khushi waiting for him in the living room. As soon as their eyes met, she gave a stern look to Arnav and turned to leave.

'Khushi wait!' , called Arnav. 'Before leaving, I need to tell you that you can take as much time you want. I will be waiting for you. But please dont shut me from your life. I am sorry again Khushi. I know my hundreds of sorries cannot wipe away the hurt you feel now. But if possible try to forgive me Khushi for all the sins that I committed. Right from calling you a gold digger till misunderstanding your character considering you to be cheating with Shyam behind my back. I am really sorry Khushi. Please give me a chance to redeem myself. I am ready to serve any punishment that you give me. But please aise mujhe door mat karo Khushi (dont create a distance between us Khushi)'.

Arnav almost was in tears and his eyes held the remorse for all his acts.

Khushi had a glimpse of all the moments where Arnav ill treated her and further spoke, 'I dont know Arnavji, I just cant bring myself to forgive you for this. Couldnt you ask me once whether I really did this? Sirf itna bharosa hai mujh par? (You just have this much trust in me?)' asked Khushi with her throat chocking with pain.

Arnav's head hung low. She was right. He dint trust her enough as much he loved her. What could he do? All he knew was that no one in this world was trustworthy except his family. No, not his family. His Nani's family. Because Maliks are never trustworthy. The very same reason why he and his Di changed their surnames to Raizada. He faced only the cruel part of the world. He closed all the doors for love in his heart. And when it knocked one fine day and he very hesitantly let it in, he was again exposed to the cruelty that it was all fake. He dint know how to react. He never gave benefit of doubt to people. Hell! He never knew what it was. Hence he did what he is best at. Punish the people without hearing their side of argument. And this one mistake has put him today in this condition. And he regrets it a lot. But it was a lesson for him. He now knows what is love and trust. He now knows not all people in this world are cruel. There are certain souls like Khushi who live for others first and then for themselves. Arnav Singh Raizada made a mental resolution that his heart doors will always be open for Khushi and he would always trust her no matter what.

'I will never be able to forget this in my life Arnavji. The mistrust you showed on me is unbearable. I would have accepted if you had hated me but trusting a person is more important. Ek rishte ki buniyaad pyaar se zyaada vishwaas par tikthi hai (trust is more important than love in a relationship). After all this time, is this what you knew about me? Couldnt you for once think if I can really do such a cheap act? I love Anjaliji as much I love my jiji. She is such a kind hearted person and you really thought I would cheat her? What was that between us during sangeet, mehendi and all the prewedding rituals? I thought your opinion about me changed but No! You went on to blame me for another sin which I dint even commit. Above everything you married me against my wish threatening to stop my jiji's marriage, just for the sake of your Di. Did you ever think about me? How would I feel? Everything was so good between us. Out of the blue you force me for marriage inspite of knowing how much I value it. Have you ever thought what I must be going through? You claimed that you had feelings for me, but did your actions justify that? I too have a heart Arnavji and you have brutally smashed it into pieces today by telling the truth. And a contract marriage? Had you married me and tortured me for an entire life, I would bear it. But we had a contract marriage. Did you ever think what will be my state after that ends? Have you ever thought whether I will even live by taking the blames of society? I can never forget nor forgive you for this Arnavji. I cannot do that. Please leave' , cried Khushi holding the wall and kneeling down slowly. Arnav felt a pang in his heart and he went on his knees to console Khushi but before he could touch her, she shoved his hands off, stood up and ran from there to her room locking it so that he doesnt follow her. He was afraid when Khushi pointed out the consequences of contract marriage. He knew Khushi was strong but there remains a threshold for everything.

Arnav was left aghast there not really knowing what to do. But he had to respect Khushi's decision at that moment. He had a fear that if he goes against her, she would definitely take an adverse step that would ruin their relationship further. He had to leave now for the better. He will give some time to Khushi to make things alright between them.

What both Arnav and Khushi failed to notice was a person who had silently listened to their conversation and was in tears. The whole reality sunk in and anger rose on Arnav for hurting their child but nevertheless kept quiet planning to intervene only when things go out of hand. But that person made a mental note to protect Khushi from the storm in her life called Arnav Singh Raizada.

Arnav couldnt inform Buaji and Garima about his return to Shantivan. If he did, he knew he would break down. Moreover he couldnt be in his proper mind to think of a valid reason. Hence he slowly walked towards the main door taking his leave from Gupta house when he saw a silhoutte in the corner of the living room.

He went ahead to see whose the
reflection was and was stunned to find the person there.

Who do you think the person is? Any guesses?

I know its a short update. But I wanted to dedicate this exclusively to Arshi!

Happy reading!

Thank you for all your votes and comments!