Chapter 8

If Payal's train of thoughts were these, then Akash had a different opinion altogether. He had always supported his Bhai whatsoever in his life. He had always followed his footsteps in business. He knows that his Bhai was arrogant but at the same time he knew he was not bad.

But listening to what he had done to Khushi, his heart went out to the poor girl who had to endure so much right from the first day in office till today. He could not digest the fact that his Bhai used his love to threaten her. Was his love so weak? Or was he blindly following his Bhai to such an extent that Arnav was confident he would stop the marriage by just his one word? And Khushi actually got threatened. Even she never thought that Akash would never do that. Why? Did she also believe that his Bhai was his priority than anyone else? More than his love?

But No! It wasnt so. He had always supported his Bhai in his decisions because he was right. Had Arnav told him to stop his marriage, he would have argued back with Arnav. He was not a puppet. He too had emotions and feelings and he knew very well what was right and what was wrong. But its high time that the world knows this. Everyone must know that he always supports truth and nothing else. So Akash Singh Raizada was determined to support his sister-in-law no matter what. Even if he had to go against Arnav, he would do it.

More than a sister-in-law, she was a sister to him, who was slightly immature, chirpy, sensitive and one pure hearted soul. She reminded him of his Anjali Di. An unknown bond formed with her and his urge to protect her strengthened. He never showed it to her but he always wished he had a little sister like Khushi. Its time he stands as a pillar preventing her from facing all odds. His Bhai may be right in wanting to protect his Di but he was wrong to ruin a girl's life like this. He wont support his Bhai for this deed. Even if he has to face the whole world just to protect Khushi, then he will do it.

So Akash was on Khushi's side and Payal on Arnav's. But both wanted the same. Happiness of their siblings. In between all this, there was a thought that ran parallel among Payash. Anjali Di! Yes, they had vowed themselves to protect Di from Shyam. Now that her life is in danger, they would not leave her alone a single moment. She will be guarded by them. And that creep Shyam! He has to be exposed. And they will work together to do it!

Having a final look at Akash and Payal, Arnav silently left their room as he knew they need to speak to each other before anything. He so wished Akash doesnt get angry on Payal for not revealing about Shyam. But he also knew Akash was not like him. He was a very understanding person. He would definitely sort out things in a more calmer way. He was also sure that Akash would lend his support to expose Shyam. Little did he know that this time it wont be his brother but his wife's jiju who would help him in all these!

Payash room:

Payal was skeptical about starting a conversation with Akash after Arnav left their room. Akash was in deep thoughts. As soon as he realised they were alone, he questioned Payal. 'Why dint you tell me Payal? We could have avoided Di building castles about her future with her husband and child. Why dint you feel it important to let us know?'
Then Payal narrated the whole incident of Khushi coming to tell Di the other day but she restrained herself as she saw how Di panicked over a mangalsutra. She even told Akash about how Garima requested the girls not to tell about Shyam to Di.

Listening to her justification, Akash asked, 'Leave Di. Why couldnt you come to me or Bhai?'

'Akash, whom will you trust more? Your jijaji whom you are with for more than 3 years or a girl whom you know for hardly 6 months?'

'You are not just a random girl Payal. I would have atleast considered the words of the girl I love. I agree I wont believe you right there. But I would definitely give a chance. Not like Bhai who did a huge mistake'.

'I am sorry Akash, but the circumstances were such that we couldnt tell you. I am sorry'.

Payal was broken and Akash was not going to tolerate that. He could understand the situation they were in. But he couldnt accept that Payal had hid this from him. He let go of that fact anyway. He has to concentrate on Shyam now. He has a list of people to protect right from his Di, his family and also Khushi.

Akash gave her an understanding nod and said, 'What Bhai did with Khushiji was wrong Payal. This time I am not supporting him. I will make sure that Khushiji gets all the happiness she deserves. I can never forget how she helped me get my love. Its my turn as her jiju to protect her. Though it is from Bhai'. He tried to divert her from the guilt she had and it worked. He thought of assuring Payal that he wont be a puppet to his Bhai anymore but who knew that the tables will turn!

'Well Akash, what if I say that Khushi's happiness lies in your Bhai? Arnavji was not wrong completely. He had to protect his Di and he did that. Not every person thinks like you. Everyone has their own way of handling things. Knowing Arnavji, he should have destroyed Khushi instead he married her. That shows how much he loves her', explained Payal.

'I wont agree with you in this Payal. Bhai is wrong and I am supporting Khushiji only', said a person who became an overprotective jiju from Bhai's chamcha overnight. In fact over a few hours!

'In that case Akash, I support their love. I support Arnavji. He truly loves her', Payal argued back.

'Even after this, will Khushiji love him?'

'I believe she does. As far as I know her, she definitely loves him. But I need a verbal assurance from her. Any sign from her to prove that she still does. And for that, I should meet her tomorrow',
sighed Payal.

'WE should meet her tomorrow', smiled Akash and both of them retired for the day leaving aside the tensions. They had lot to do from the next day. The first thing being meeting Khushi.

Meanwhile Arnav was in his own world. Wherever he saw he could find only emptiness. He had no one to go to. His life is in a fix. There was Di for him to guard and the other end it was Khushi, his love who was suffering for a single mistake of his. He always faced troubles all alone. Since the time Khushi entered his life, that mask of being a tough person broke little by little. He was getting used to receiving warmth of a person whenever he was feeling low. Right now he had none! He was missing his Maa like hell.

He slowly marched towards the french doors and looked up at the sky for the star whom he now considers as his Maa. Though Khushi's ideas and ideologies were stupid, they alone sometimes provided the solace he needed. This was one among them. Khushi was physically not here to lend him her support to fight this battle but she had given him a person to talk to if he was feeling depressed.

After an hour of watching the stars, Arnav retired to sleep to face the challenges ahead.

I know there is no Arshi in this. But I wished to show how exactly Payal and Akash would react after knowing the truth! That was never shown in the show.

And please drop in your opinions about Akash being on Khushi's side and Payal on Arnav's. How many of you really wanna see these pairs' bonding!

Thanks a ton for all your votes and comments. Keep them coming!

Love,
Shwetha