Chapter 13

Next day, AR:

As planned, Arnav was leaving to Gupta house to pick up Khushi so they could leave for Shantivan. He was winding up his works when he received a courier on his name to his office. It was an envelope and on top of it was written 'CONFIDENTIAL'. He wondered who would it be! Not like he never gets such letters but atleast he would have an idea of what it contains. As far as he remembers, there is no such office related work or client who sends him Confidential letters at the moment.

He hesitantly opened it and was shocked to find the contents of it. It was the biodata of Shyam that he asked Aman to prepare. If Aman had to give it to him, he could have given him in the office today. Why did he send it via courier?

He did not look into the contents fully yet. He called Aman to his cabin. As soon as Aman reached, Arnav said, 'Good job Aman! I gave you 2 days but you completed it in a day. What was the need to send it via courier. You could have given me directly?'

Aman was blank. What was his boss talking about? Which courier did he send? He had no clue. He asked, 'Sir, courier? But I dint send any!' he exclaimed.

Arnav told him clearly that he was talking about Shyam's details. But the answer from Aman shocked him to the core. Aman said that the team were still working on it and they have not got complete details yet. Then who sent the information about Shyam? Arnav and Aman, both wondered.

Stating that he will look into the matter, Arnav dispersed Aman to continue collecting the information about Shyam.

Arnav looked into the courier cover turning it front and back looking for any info about the sender. But it was blank. Is someone playing him? Museebat kya kam the ki ek aur museebat aagayi? (Are the problems already less that he had to face another?)

His business mind came into action. Was someone spying on him? Their actions? So that they could blackmail? All sorts of ill thoughts creeped up.

Whatever it is, he was thankful to the stranger for sending this. Shyam can count his days in Shantivan from that moment itself. The sooner, the better.

Mentally noting that he had to discuss about this incident to the trio, Arnav was about to look into the contents of it, when the door of his cabin suddenly opened along with a not so welcoming person.

It was NK! Arnav's serious and stern looks gave NK a subtle doubt that maybe he was here on the wrong time but he just shrugged the thought and exclaimed, 'Nannav mere bhai! Mein bhi jaa raha hoon Khushiji ko aapas laane! (Arnav, even I am coming with you to bring Khushi near)'.

'Aapas nahin waapas (its not near its to bring back)', retorted Arnav.

'Same to same', muttered NK.

'By the way, who sent you here? Am I not enough to bring Khushi back?'

'I dont know, Di sent me. May be she dint trust you enough', joked NK.

But it wasnt a joke for Arnav anymore. Normally he would have just dismissed NK's baseless comments. The word TRUST started creating havoc in his life. He could not take it light anymore. His facial expressions changed to gloomy. NK observed this, couldnt understand why his ever angry and rude brother turned sad. Thus he did what he is best at. Diverted Arnav with his funny talks. Arnav could just roll his eyes. He had to tolerate him for the time till he reached back Shantivan.

Arnav and NK reached Gupta house and were welcomed warmly by Garima. Arnav gave Shashi a little smile stating that things have started to be fine. Though not fine, atleast Khushi was coming out of her grief. Shashi too had noticed it and he was sure that Arnav would take care of the rest. He had nothing to worry about right now. He knew, his daughter was stubborn, and she may even take decisions that can affect adversely. But he made up his mind that he would intervene only when things go out of hand.