Chapter 10

While Arnav was pondering over the thoughts about the new Payal, Payal asked, 'Arnavji, you wanted to talk something?If you want to know the reason why I supported you there, then I would say I see your love is genuine. So I decided to help you in winning Khushi back'.

Seeing Arnav's confused expressions, she continued sighing, 'Even I am no saint Arnavji. I too made a mistake by not trusting Khushi. The day you both got married, no one actually hurt you the way we hurt Khushi. She was already devastated and we shattered her more. I feel goosebumps now thinking the way we treated her. Amma Buaji said all those that should not be said. I dint stop them. Infact I added more wounds to her by not talking to her for a day. She had none to go to. She was all alone. But its time I do the needful. She will be happy with you. I trust you with that', said Payal with her charming smile that brought an excitement in Arnav.

He looked at Akash hoping he would back her up in this. Akash understood his unsaid question and replied, 'No Bhai, this time I am not with you. I stand for Khushiji. Whatever her decision is, I am going to lend her my full support'. Though Arnav was a bit disappointed with this, he was happy that Akash stood up for the truth.

'Arnavji, dont mind him. I am there na. I will help you woo Khushi', said Payal determinedly, mocking Akash, trying to lighten up the situation.

All were very much emotional already. Arnav could not ask for more. He looked at Payal with utmost respect for being there for him when he needed someone. For understanding him and acting mature. Though it was unexpected from Payal, he was thankful. His confidence to win Khushi back went a step up.

'I know you Bhai. You cant force Khushiji this time. If possible win her with your sincerity. Par yaad rakhiyega ki Khushiji ka faisla jo bhi hai main usse sehmath hoon (but keep this mind that whatever Khushiji decides, I am going to stand by it)', said Akash firmly.

But then he added his highest doubt, 'Bhai, did you guys register your marriage? If you had married her so sudden, then when did you register it?' Aakash so wished his brother gives a positive response and it happened.

'Yeah, the next day I had to. Knowing Khushi, I had to register this marriage when she actually left to Buaji's house. I was afraid and I did that on our way back'. That relieved Aakash and Payal a bit.

(Guys, I have changed the plot here. They had already registered their marriage. So its no more a live-in for them)

Payal had a confidence that inspite of all these Khushi loves Arnav. She needs time before she absorbs things. She was firm on her plan to unite Arnav and Khushi. But Akash was not at all helping her. He was as stubborn like his brother! Uff!! So she tried coaxing Akash to be there for his Bhai.

'Akash, how can you not support your Bhai? Usko bhagwan maante ho aur usi se takraane waale ho (you worship him as god and you wanna fight with him). Very bad Akash. I think you should be in our team and help us', pouted Payal cutely to Akash.

Arnav could not help but chuckle at the antics of hers. Typical Khushi's sister!! How could he not see this earlier!, he wondered. 'Beta Akash teri kismat bhi jyada alag nahin hai. Hamein do do sanka deviyon ko jhelna padega. Payal toh thodi samajhdar hai, lekin Khushi poora pagal! (Dear Akash, you are gone! We have to tackle 2 crazy people. Payal is mature but Khushi is totally mad!)', thought Arnav eagerly waiting to start his life anew with the crazy people surrounding him.

'Payal, these pouts dont work on me. I am on Khushiji's side. Hum donon ek team aur tum donon ek team. Moreover Bhai dint do right by forcing her for marriage inspite of knowing how she treats those rituals', said Akash with finality in his tone.

'Guys, we are not on a war to divide into teams. We have to expose Shyam. Thats our prime mission', said Arnav trying to stop their banter at the same time trying to not show how guilty he was for making Khushi go through all those.

'We will think of ways to expose Shyam, but not here. Before that Bhai, ask Aman to collect all information about Shyam. Payal and I are leaving to meet Khushiji.'

'I am coming too', said Arnav immediately as a reflex, as he wanted to see her badly, to get a glimpse of her, only to earn shocked and sarcastic faces of Payash.

He understood that his presence will spoil everything and decided to leave them alone to sort this issue.

'Fine, I am not coming. Akash, after meeting Khushi, both of you come to office. We can hatch a plan there', said Arnav and was leaving only to get interrupted by Payal. 'What about Di? Someone needs to be here to guard her'. To which Arnav replied that he would take care of it.

Arnav while leaving for office, asked his Di whether she had plans to go out that day. She replied that she had a pooja at home organised and had no plans to go out. When he asked about Shyam's schedule casually, she informed him that Shyam too left for his work and wont be returning for another 2 days. That put Arnav in a huge relief. But for her safety, he informed their driver Mohan to inform him if any of his family member leaves home, especially his Di. Though Mohan was unsure as to why his boss passed such orders, he nevertheless followed them.

Gupta house:

Gupta house missed the usual bickering between Khushi and Buaji early in the morning. The house was very calm. It seemed as if life was sucked out of it. While Garima was pestering Khushi to know the whereabouts of Arnav, Khushi was in her room thinking about the happenings of yesterday. She couldnt sleep the whole night with the fact that her love was tested to such an extent. She tried all ways to convince herself that Arnav did all those to protect his Di. Somehow she could not forgive him.

When she was deeply in thoughts, a loud cry of Buaji from the living room caught her attention. She rushed to see what it was, when she found her jiji and jijaji taking blessings of Buaji. Her panicked state calmed down as she knew buaji just exclaimed out of surprise and nothing bad had happened.

'Jiji!' Khushi rushed to Payal to embrace her in a tight hug. The members of Gupta family smiled warmly seeing the girls. Buaji and Garima left to the kitchen to treat their daamad with the pleasantaries. Khushi, Payal and Akash were left alone to talk. Payal and Akash shared a few serious glances and Payal finally spoke, 'Khushi we have to speak to you'.

Khushi was confused on what it was about. All sorts of ill thoughts crept up. Did Arnav reveal anything? What were their reactions? Will they too decide her future, as her life was spent with the happiness of others and not solely hers? Will they too force her? Again will she have to abide by what others say?

But she knew Arnav more than anyone. Dint she? She knew he would never disclose things that easily. She was confused but. Looking at the serious looks of her jiji and jijaji, she knew something was major. And their arrival the very next day of confrontation just increased her doubts. Putting all the thoughts aside, she accompanied them to their room to the much necessary talk.

I dont know if it really came out well but I wanted to focus on everyone, not just Arshi. Sorry No Arshi in this update too!

But you can expect an update with  Arshi tonight or tomorrow morning!

Thanks a lot for your votes and comments! Keep them coming!

Love,
Shwetha