Chapter 35

Hospital:

Arnav was pacing along the length of the corridor, hell worried for his wife and his sister who were right now inside getting treated.

'Hey Devi Maiya! When will you free my family from your curse? I cant see the daughter and daughter-in-law, both at this state', Nani prayed to the almighty.

The doctor who was checking Khushi emerged soon, for Arnav to rush towards her. He could not wait any longer to know her condition.

'She is fine Mr. Raizada. Just a bit of stress', the doctor answered without even him asking anything, as his face clearly gave out the worry for his wife. 'You can see her now. She is conscious'.

And Arnav did not need anything more than that to march towards his wife.

'Khushi', he called seeing her wide awake.

'You okay?' He asked to get a positive nod back.

'Di?' She asked as she recollected all the incidents that happened a few minutes ago.

Before he could reply, Akash barged inside and panic was visible in him. 'Bhai! Di has gone into labour. But the doctor says that it is normal and not premature. She has no complications too'.

Arnav did expect this to happen and all they wanted was the safety of her and the baby. He wished, his Di could pull it through, without any hurdles. He was thankful that she had no complications.

'We have to go', Khushi sat on the bed, all ready to leave, when Arnav refrained her from doing so.

'You are still weak Khushi. Take some rest', he said. 'Moreover she is in labour now. It takes time. Till that get some rest'.

Khushi tried to protest but in vain. Arnav did not budge to her pleas to see Di.

'Bhai is right Khushiji. Di is fine', Akash assured.

Finally, Khushi gave in and Arnav too did not leave her alone. He stayed along with her, commanding Akash to inform him about Di's condition time to time, which he happily obliged.

'You should be there. Di needs you', Khushi initiated after few more minutes of silence among the two, when Arnav handed her a glass of water.

He nodded negatively before taking his seat next to her on bed. 'You need me more Khushi'.

That one statement held the utmost care, love, sincerity, protection for Khushi. Arnav had meant every word of it and Khushi could feel it exactly to the point. Is he the one who pawned her life for his Di? She wondered. When his Di was fighting there, he stood by her side. Arnav had changed, she knew but to this extent? Well, he indeed is a man of words. His pure love for his Di and his family was reflected upon her and she could feel no better than what she felt at that moment. It was overwhelming.

Tears welled up in Khushi's eyes, which again hurt Arnav. No matter what, her tears would always affect him. Poor one! He did not know they were tears of happiness.

He gently wiped her tears saying, 'Har baat pe rona zaroori hai kya?' (Do you need to cry for everything?)

Khushi smiled through her tears that instantly lit up Arnav's face too. Yes! He wanted her smiling, laughing, being herself and he would assure that she stays so.

'I was scared. Scared when... he pointed the gun at me', she confessed to Arnav, letting her emotions out. She wanted him to know and she did shy away. Only he had the right.

'Shh... Khushi, dont think about it. We are safe now and that bastard wont get out at any cost', he consoled her, cupping her cheeks.

'What if something had happened?' She feared.